2013 ECE Graduate Workshop
This year's keynote speaker will be Professor Dan Ariely, the James B. Duke Professor of Psychology and Behavioral Economics at the Fuqua School of Business. Professor Ariely has published multiple New York TImes best sellers, given three TED talks that have been collectively viewed over 3.5 million times, and continues to conduct research both at Duke and at the Center for Advanced Hindsight. The insight from his work extends beyond his own academic field and will offer the ECE body a fresh perspective from outside our daily research.
All attendees must register using the link to the right. You may register for the event at any time before January 24th, 2013.
Why should you get involved?
- Share your research accomplishments with your peers
- Learn about research outside of your lab group
- Hear from ECE faculty about 2012 research highlights
- Top three poster presentations win $2,000, $1,000, and $500 travel awards
- Best oral presentation wins a $2,500 travel award
- Participate in trivia during lunch to win additional prizes!
- Socialize with fellow ECE classmates and prospective students
- Get a free shirt! (Correct shirt sizes are not guaranteed for attendees who register after January 7th)
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served; vegetarian options will be available.
Transportation & Parking
A shuttle will be provided for students to go back and forth from the campus to the Durham Convention Center. The first shuttle service is scheduled to leave the Duke campus at 7:30 am. The service will continue throughout the day roughly every half hour. The pick-up/drop-off location will be the Research Drive bustop (between Hudson Hall/FCEIMAS). The last shuttle will leave from the convention center at 9:00 pm.
While shuttle service is encouraged, limited parking passes will be provided to those who wish to drive. The passes will be available at the parking deck adjacent to the convention center.