Industry Advisory Board Panel Discussion
- What would you recommend the students do during the first 100 days of their new jobs? What should they do to hit the ground running?
- What are the common mistakes students make in the first year of employment?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge to introducing a new service and how do you overcome these challenges?
- During meetings with my manager what type of questions should I ask after the initial few months and what should be discussed in the meetings? How do I make the most of the time with my manager?
- What kind of challenges have you seen in enhancing innovation in industries that have been historically set in its ways and how have you handled them?
- a) What skills do you look for in new recruits?
b) What was the key to your success?
- If you have been working for a while and you discover a position that you feel is a better fit for you who should you talk to and what is the most appropriate way/time to bring it up?
- In the current day scenario where technologies change rapidly, how do you perceive growth in one technology vs. another and how do you expect your employees to cope with the changing industry trends?
- How should you deal with a bad manager/boss?
- How do you deal with difficult or underperforming team members?
- Coordination and teamwork skills are an important quality you look for in new recruits. While interviewing how doyou assess if the interviewee is a good team player?
- Are organizations biased towards appointing previous employees as managers or are they also open to hiring new recruits for managerial roles?
- How do you think MEM students perform at jobs in your organizations and do you see any areas that we can improve on?
- What do you think are the major incentives that motivate the entry level employees?
- Is it advisable to discuss your strengths and weaknesses with your supervisor on the first day of work and develop a plan to work around them?
- What are the pros and cons of working in the same company vs. switching companies?