Alvin R. Lebeck
Professor of Computer ScienceComputer Systems Engineering with a focus on computer architecture, nano-scale systems, memory system, energy efficient computing, and multiprocessors.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: D308 Lev Sci Res Ctr, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6551
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1995
- M.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1991
- B.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1989
Computer architecture and its intersection with systems and tools, particularly with respect to memory system design and analysis for both serial and parallel architectures. Architectures for emerging nanotechnologies. Energy efficient computing.
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 250D: Computer Architecture
- ECE 250L: Computer Architecture
- ECE 652: Advanced Computer Architecture II
- LaBoda, CD; Lebeck, AR; Dwyer, CL, An Optically Modulated Self-Assembled Resonance Energy Transfer Pass Gate., Nano Letters, vol 17 no. 6 (2017), pp. 3775-3781 [10.1021/acs.nanolett.7b01112] [abs].
- Misra, PA; Chase, JS; Gehrke, J; Lebeck, AR, Enabling Lightweight Transactions with Precision Time, ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, vol 51 no. 2 (2017), pp. 779-794 [10.1145/3093315.3037722] [abs].
- LaBoda, C; Dwyer, C; Lebeck, AR, Exploiting Dark Fluorophore States to Implement Resonance Energy Transfer Pre-Charge Logic, IEEE Micro, vol 37 no. 4 (2017), pp. 52-62 [10.1109/MM.2017.3211112] [abs].
- Wang, S; Zhang, X; Li, Y; Bashizade, R; Yang, S; Dwyer, C; Lebeck, AR, Accelerating Markov Random Field Inference Using Molecular Optical Gibbs Sampling Units, Proceedings - 2016 43rd International Symposium on Computer Architecture, ISCA 2016 (2016), pp. 558-569 [10.1109/ISCA.2016.55] [abs].
- Agrawal, SR; Dee, CM; Lebeck, AR, Exploiting accelerators for efficient high dimensional similarity search, Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, PPOPP, vol 12-16-March-2016 (2016) [10.1145/2851141.2851144] [abs].