Alvin R. Lebeck
Professor of Computer Science
Computer Systems Engineering with a focus on computer architecture, nano-scale systems, memory system, energy efficient computing, and multiprocessors.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6551
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1995
- M.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1991
- B.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1989
Computer architecture and its intersection with systems and tools, particularly with respect to memory system design and analysis for both serial and parallel architectures. Architectures for emerging nanotechnologies. Energy efficient computing.
Nanoscale/microscale computing systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 250L: Computer Architecture
- ECE 552: Advanced Computer Architecture I
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Pang, J; Dwyer, C; Lebeck, AR, mNoC: Large Nanophotonic Network-on-Chip Crossbars with Molecular Scale Devices, ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems, vol 12 no. 1 (2015) [10.1145/2700241] [abs].
- Lebeck, AR; Dwyer, CL; Wang, S, Nanoscale Resonance Energy Transfer-based Devices for Probabilistic Computing, IEEE MICRO (2015) [abs].
- Pang, J; Dwyer, C; Lebeck, AR, More is Less, Less is More: Molecular-Scale Photonic NoC Power Topologies, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS) (2015), pp. 283-296 [10.1145/2694344.2694377] [abs].
- Agrawal, SR; Pistol, V; Pang, J; Tran, JJ; Tarjan, D; Lebeck, AR, Rhythm: Harnessing data parallel hardware for server workloads, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems - ASPLOS (2014), pp. 19-34 [10.1145/2541940.2541956] [abs].
- Pang, J; Lebeck, AR; Dwyer, CL, Modeling and simulation of a nanoscale optical computing system, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol 74 no. 6 (2014), pp. 2470-2483 [10.1016/j.jpdc.2013.07.006] [abs].