Benjamin C Lee
Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Benjamin Lee's research focuses on scalable technologies, energy-efficient computer architectures, and high-performance applications. He is particularly interested in analytics, statistical inference, and machine learning to enable qualitatively new studies in these areas. He is also interested in technology, economics, and policy for environmentally sustainable information technology infrastructure.
Lee held an NSF Computing Innovation Fellowship at Stanford University (2009). He also held visiting research positions at Microsoft Research (2008), Intel Corporation (2007), and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2006). He earned his B.S. from the University of California at Berkeley (2004) and his S.M., Ph.D. from Harvard University (2008).
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5043
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Harvard University, 2008
High Performance Computing
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- COMPSCI 250: Computer Architecture
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 250L: Computer Architecture
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 496: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Zahedi, SM; Lee, B, REF: Resource elasticity fairness with sharing incentives for multiprocessors, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems - ASPLOS (2014), pp. 145-159 [10.1145/2541940.2541962] [abs].
- Guevara, M; Lubin, B; Lee, BC, Market mechanisms for managing datacenters with heterogeneous microarchitectures, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, vol 32 no. 1 (2014), pp. 1-31 [10.1145/2541258] [abs].
- Guevara, M; Lubin, B; Lee, B, Strategies for anticipating risk in heterogeneous system design (2014), pp. 154-164 [10.1109/HPCA.2014.6835926] [abs].
- Bragg, E; Guevara, M; Lee, B, Understanding query complexity and its implications for energy-efficient web search, International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (2013) [10.1109/ISLPED.2013.6629330] [abs].
- Xi, S; Guevara, M; Nelson, J; Pensabene, P; Lee, B, Understanding the critical path in power state transition latencies, International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (2013), pp. 317-322 [10.1109/ISLPED.2013.6629316] [abs].