Bruce Randall Donald
James B. Duke Professor of Computer SciencePlease visit Bruce Donald's personal web page for up-to-date information, research, teaching, and publications. That website is hosted by the Departments of Computer Science, Chemistry, and Biochemistry at Duke University.
Appointments and Affiliations
- James B. Duke Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Biochemistry
- Professor in the Department of Chemistry
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: LSRC D212, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6583
Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Design, Drug Design, NMR of Biological Macromolecules, Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS), Micro-robotics, Geometric Algorithms
In the News
- Tricky Protein May Help HIV Vaccine Development (Jan 13, 2014)
- Nanotube probe gives a single neurons view of brain activity (Jun 20, 2013 | Technology Review )
- Zhou, Y; Donald, BR; Zeng, J, Parallel Computational Protein Design., Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.), vol 1529 (2017), pp. 265-277 [abs].
- Ojewole, A; Lowegard, A; Gainza, P; Reeve, SM; Georgiev, I; Anderson, AC; Donald, BR, OSPREY Predicts Resistance Mutations Using Positive and Negative Computational Protein Design., Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.), vol 1529 (2017), pp. 291-306 [abs].
- Pan, Y; Dong, Y; Zhou, J; Hallen, M; Donald, BR; Zeng, J; Xu, W, cOSPREY: A Cloud-Based Distributed Algorithm for Large-Scale Computational Protein Design., Journal of Computational Biology, vol 23 no. 9 (2016), pp. 737-749 [10.1089/cmb.2015.0234] [abs].
- Gainza, P; Nisonoff, HM; Donald, BR, Algorithms for protein design., Current Opinion in Structural Biology, vol 39 (2016), pp. 16-26 [10.1016/j.sbi.2016.03.006] [abs].
- Jou, JD; Jain, S; Georgiev, IS; Donald, BR, BWM*: A Novel, Provable, Ensemble-based Dynamic Programming Algorithm for Sparse Approximations of Computational Protein Design., Journal of Computational Biology, vol 23 no. 6 (2016), pp. 413-424 [10.1089/cmb.2015.0194] [abs].