Daniel J. Sorin
Professor of Electrical and Computer EngineeringDr. Daniel Sorin is the W.H. Gardner Jr. professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and of Computer Science. His research interests are primarily in computer architecture and dependability.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor in the Department of Computer Science
- W. H. Gardner, Jr. Associate Professor Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5439
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 2002
- M.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1998
- B.S. Duke University, 1996
The primary focus of my research is computer architecture. This research includes work to: improve the dependability of computer architectures, design microarchitectures such that their designs are easier to validate, and develop memory system designs for multicore processors.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Program Chair of HiPEAC 2017. HiPEAC. 2017
- Co-chair of selection committee for IEEE Micro's Top Picks 2016. IEEE Micro. 2016
- Associate Editor in Chief. Computer Architecture Letters. 2015
- IEEE Micro Top Pick. IEEE Micro. 2015
- Best Paper Award. 20th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture. 2014
- IEEE Micro Top Pick. IEEE Micro. 2011
- Lois and John L. Imhoff Distinguished Teaching Award. Pratt School of Engineering. 2011
- Eta Kappa Nu. Unknown. 2008
- Intel Graduate Fellowship. Unknown. 2008
- NSF Early CAREER Award. National Science Foundation. 2008
- Outstanding Graduate Research Award. University of Wisconsin. 2008
- Phi Beta Kappa. Unknown. 2008
- Tau Beta Pi. Unknown. 2008
- Top of 2004 - Nanocomputing Research. Technology Research News. 2008
- COMPSCI 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 250D: Computer Architecture
- ECE 250L: Computer Architecture
- ECE 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 552: Advanced Computer Architecture I
- ECE 554: Fault-Tolerant and Testable Computer Systems
- ECE 652: Advanced Computer Architecture II
- Zhang, M; Bingham, JD; Erickson, J; Sorin, DJ, PVCoherence: Designing Flat Coherence Protocols for Scalable Verification, IEEE Micro, vol 35 no. 3 (2015), pp. 84-91 [10.1109/MM.2015.48] [abs].
- Jacobvitz, AN; Hilton, AD; Sorin, DJ, Multi-program benchmark definition, ISPASS 2015 - IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (2015), pp. 72-82 [10.1109/ISPASS.2015.7095786] [abs].
- Nathan, R; Sorin, DJ, Argus-G: Comprehensive, Low-Cost Error Detection for GPGPU Cores, IEEE Computer Architecture Letters, vol 14 no. 1 (2015), pp. 13-16 [10.1109/LCA.2014.2298391] [abs].
- Sorin, DJ; Matthews, O; Zhang, M, Architecting dynamic power management to be formally verifiable, Design Automation Conference (2014) [10.1145/2593069.2596669] [abs].
- Matthews, O; Zhang, M; Sorin, DJ, Scalably verifiable dynamic power management, Proceedings - International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (2014), pp. 579-590 [10.1109/HPCA.2014.6835967] [abs].