Hai "Helen" Li
Clare Boothe Luce Associate Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Brain-inspired computing systems, neuromorphic design
Memory design and architecture based on conventional and emerging technologies
Device/circuit/architecture co-design for low power and high performance
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: Rm103 Hudson Hall, 100 Science Dr., Durham, NC 27701
- Office Phone: (919) 660-1373
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Purdue University, 2004
Research Interests: Brain-inspired computing systems and neuromorphic design, memory design and architecture based on conventional and emerging technologies, and device/circuit/architecture co-design for low power and high performance.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Classification Accuracy Improvement for Neuromorphic Computing Systems with One-level Precision Synapses”. Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASPDAC). 2017
- Fulton C. Noss Faculty Fellow. University of Pittsburgh. 2016
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Quantitative Modeling of Racetrack Memory - A Tradeoff among Area, Performance, and Power”. Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASPDAC). 2015
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship Program Award (AF-SFFP). AFRL/RITC. 2015
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “A Weighted Sensing Scheme for ReRAM-based Cross-point Memory Array”. IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI). 2014
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Coordinating Prefetching and STT-RAM based Last-level Cache Management for Multicore Systems”. Proceedings of the 23rd ACM International Conference on Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI). 2013
- Air Force Visiting Faculty Research Program (VFRP) Fellowship. AFRL/RIB. 2013
- DARPA Young Faculty Award. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). 2013
- NSF Career Award. National Science Foundation (NSF). 2012
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship Program Award (AF-SFFP). AFRL/RITC. 2011
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Combined Magnetic- and Circuit-level Enhancements for the Nondestructive Self-Reference Scheme of STT-RAM”. ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED). 2010
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Design Margin Exploration of Spin-Torque Transfer RAM (SPRAM)”. the 9th International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED). 2008
- COMPSCI 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
In the News
- Hai Helen Li: New Pratt Professor Models the Future of Computing After the Human Brain (Jan 3, 2017)
- Wang, D; Ma, L; Zhang, M; An, J; Li, HH; Chen, Y, Shift-Optimized Energy-Efficient Racetrack-Based Main Memory, Journal of Circuits, Systems & Computers (2017), pp. 1850081-1850081 [10.1142/S0218126618500810] [abs].
- Mao, M; Wen, W; Zhang, Y; Chen, Y; Li, H, An Energy-Efficient GPGPU Register File Architecture Using Racetrack Memory, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol 66 no. 9 (2017), pp. 1478-1490 [10.1109/TC.2017.2690855] [abs].
- Hu, M; Chen, Y; Yang, JJ; Wang, Y; Li, HH, A Compact Memristor-Based Dynamic Synapse for Spiking Neural Networks, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol 36 no. 8 (2017), pp. 1353-1366 [10.1109/TCAD.2016.2618866] [abs].
- Guo, J; Wen, W; Hu, J; Wang, D; Li, H; Chen, Y, FlexLevel NAND Flash Storage System Design to Reduce LDPC Latency, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol 36 no. 7 (2017), pp. 1167-1180 [10.1109/TCAD.2016.2619480] [abs].
- Li, S; Wen, W; Wang, Y; Han, S; Chen, Y; Li, HH, An FPGA design framework for CNN sparsification and acceleration, Proceedings - IEEE 25th Annual International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines, FCCM 2017 (2017) [10.1109/FCCM.2017.21] [abs].