Joel Alter Greenberg
Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Performs research in the area of computational imaging with a focus on physics-based modeling and system-level design from fundamental science through algorithm implementation.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-2500
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2012
Atomic, molecular, and optical physics
Nonlinear dynamics and complex systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- BME 552: Advanced Optics
- ECE 541: Advanced Optics
- PHYSICS 621: Advanced Optics
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Pang, S; Hassan, M; Greenberg, J; Holmgren, A; Krishnamurthy, K; Brady, D, Complementary coded apertures for 4-dimensional x-ray coherent scatter imaging., Optics express, vol 22 no. 19 (2014), pp. 22925-22936 [10.1364/oe.22.022925] [abs].
- Zhu, Y; Greenberg, JA; Husein, NA; Gauthier, DJ, Giant all-optical tunable group velocity dispersion in an optical fiber., Optics express, vol 22 no. 12 (2014), pp. 14382-14391 [10.1364/oe.22.014382] [abs].
- Greenberg, JA; Hassan, M; Krishnamurthy, K; Brady, D, Structured illumination for tomographic X-ray diffraction imaging., The Analyst, vol 139 no. 4 (2014), pp. 709-713 [10.1039/c3an01641b] [abs].
- Greenberg, J; Krishnamurthy, K; Brady, D, Compressive single-pixel snapshot x-ray diffraction imaging, Optics Letters, vol 39 no. 1 (2014), pp. 111-111 [10.1364/OL.39.000111] [abs].
- Greenberg, JA; Brady, DJ, Structured illumination for compressive x-ray diffraction tomography, Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, vol 9020 (2014) [10.1117/12.2048264] [abs].
Lectures and Invited Talks:
- Practical tabletop X-ray scatter tomography, Fitzpatrick Institute for Photonics Seminar, Duke University,
- X-ray scatter imaging applications in medicine, Medical Physics seminar series, Duke University,
- Steady-state superradiance via emergent order in a cold atomic vapor, Physics of Quantum Electronics (Salt Lake City, UT),
- Structured illumination for compressive x-ray diffraction tomography, SPIE/IS&T Electronic Imaging: Computational Imaging XII (San Francisco, CA),
- Coding and sampling for compressive tomography, SPIE Optics + Photonics (San Diego, CA),
- Real-time volumetric molecular imaging using coded apertures, Aviation Security Technology Industry Day (Washington, DC),
- Super-charging nonlinear optical processes via cooperative effects., International Laser Physics Workshop, Foz do Iguazu, Brazil,
- Self-phase matched four-wave mixing in cold vapor, Frontiers in Optics/Division of Laser Science annual meeting (Rochester, NY),
- Superradiance in an ultracold thermal vapor, OSA NLO (Honolulu, HI),
- Transient enhancement of the nonlinear atom-photon coupling via recoil-induced resonances, APS DAMOP meeting (UVA, Charlottesville, VA),
- Investigation of the Saturation Mechanism of Recoil-induced Resonances, APS DAMOP meeting (State College, PA),