John A. Board
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer EngineeringJohn Board is an Associate Professor of ECE and of Computer Science. He also serves as Associate Chief Information Officer for Duke University. He received his D.Phil in 1986 from Oxford University. His research interests include: High performance scientific computing and simulation, novel computer architectures, cluster computing and parallel processing; ubiquitous computing.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 209D Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5272
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Oxford (UK), 1986
- M.S. Duke University, 1982
- B.S.E. Duke University, 1981
High performance scientific computing and simulation, novel computer architectures, cluster computing and parallel processing; ubiquitous computing.
High Performance Computing
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Distinguished Teaching Award. Duke University School of Engineering. 2008
- Distinguished Young Alumnus. Duke University. 2008
- Klein Family Distinguished Teaching Award. Duke University, Pratt School of Engineering. 2008
- Member. Eta Kappa Nu. 2008
- Member. Phi Beta Kappa. 2008
- Member. Tau Beta Pi. 2008
- Rhodes Scholar. The Rhodes Trust. 2008
- COMPSCI 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 459: Introduction to Embedded Systems
- ECE 493: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 550D: Fundamentals of Computer Systems and Engineering
- ECE 563: Cloud Computing
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- Li, X; Chang, X; Board, JA; Trivedi, KS, A novel approach for software vulnerability classification, Proceedings of the Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (2017) [10.1109/RAM.2017.7889792] [abs].
- Ybarra, GA; Collins, LM; Huettel, LG; Coonley, KD; Massoud, HZ; Board, JA; Cummer, SA; Choudhury, RR; Gustafson, MR; Jokerst, NM; Brooke, MA; Willett, RM; Kim, J; Absher, MS, Integrated sensing and information processing theme-based redesign of the undergraduate electrical and computer engineering curriculum at Duke University, Advances in Engineering Education, vol 2 no. 4 (2010) [abs].
- Ybarra, GA; Collins, LM; Huettel, LG; Massoud, HZ; Board, JA; Brooke, M; Jokerst, NM; Choudhury, RR; Gustafson, MR; Willett, RM; Coonley, K, Integrating sensing and information processing in an electrical and computer engineering undergraduate curriculum, Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference, FIE (2009) [10.1109/FIE.2009.5350770] [abs].
- Brown, A; Ybarra, G; Massoud, H; Board, J; Holmes, J; Coonley, K; Collins, L; Huettel, L; Gustafson, M; Cummer, S, Redesign of the core curriculum at Duke University, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2006) [abs].
- Banerjee, S; Board, JA, Efficient charge assignment and back interpolation in multigrid methods for molecular dynamics., Journal of Computational Chemistry, vol 26 no. 9 (2005), pp. 957-967 [10.1002/jcc.20220] [abs].