John H. Reif
A. Hollis Edens Professor of Computer Science in Trinity College of Arts and SciencesMolecular assembly, DNA computing, robot motion planning, parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic computation, data compression, optical computation, and quantum computation.
Appointments and Affiliations
- A. Hollis Edens Professor of Computer Science in Trinity College of Arts and Sciences
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 3112 Devon Rd, Durham, NC 27707
- Office Phone: (919) 407-1961
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Harvard University, 1977
- M.S. Harvard University, 1975
- B.S. Tufts University, 1973
Molecular assembly, DNA computing, robot motion planning, parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic computation, data compression, optical computation, and quantum computation.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Tufts Notable. Tufts University. 2010
- AAAS Fellow. American Association for the Advancement of Science. 2003
- Fellow. Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), . 2003
- Highly Cited Researcher. Thomson Reuters. 2001
- Fellow. Association for Computing Machinery. 1997
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 1993
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 531: Introduction to Algorithms
- COMPSCI 534: Computational Complexity
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
In the News
- Analog DNA Circuit Does Math in a Test Tube (Aug 23, 2016)
- Carolyn McAllaster, Susan S. Reif: Funding fails to keep pace with South's HIV epidemic (Dec 1, 2015 | The News & Observer )
- Reif, JH, DNA robots sort as they walk., Science, vol 357 no. 6356 (2017), pp. 1095-1096 [10.1126/science.aao5125] [abs].
- Bui, H; Miao, V; Garg, S; Mokhtar, R; Song, T; Reif, J, Design and Analysis of Localized DNA Hybridization Chain Reactions, Small, vol 13 no. 12 (2017), pp. 1602983-1602983 [10.1002/smll.201602983] [abs].
- Bui, H; Garg, S; Miao, V; Song, T; Mokhtar, R; Reif, J, Design and analysis of linear cascade DNA hybridization chain reactions using DNA hairpins, New Journal of Physics, vol 19 no. 1 (2017), pp. 015006-015006 [10.1088/1367-2630/aa53d0] [abs].
- Song, X; Eshra, A; Dwyer, C; Reif, J, Renewable DNA seesaw logic circuits enabled by photoregulation of toehold-mediated strand displacement, RSC Advances, vol 7 no. 45 (2017), pp. 28130-28144 [10.1039/C7RA02607B] [abs].
- Song, T; Garg, S; Mokhtar, R; Bui, H; Reif, J, Analog Computation by DNA Strand Displacement Circuits., ACS Synthetic Biology, vol 5 no. 8 (2016), pp. 898-912 [10.1021/acssynbio.6b00144] [abs].