John H. Reif
A. Hollis Edens Professor of Computer Science in Trinity College of Arts and SciencesMolecular assembly, DNA computing, robot motion planning, parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic computation, data compression, optical computation, and quantum computation.
Appointments and Affiliations
- A. Hollis Edens Professor of Computer Science in Trinity College of Arts and Sciences
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 3112 Devon Rd, Durham, NC 27707
- Office Phone: (919) 407-1961
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Harvard University, 1977
- M.S. Harvard University, 1975
- B.S. Tufts University, 1973
Molecular assembly, DNA computing, robot motion planning, parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic computation, data compression, optical computation, and quantum computation.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Tufts Notable. Tufts University. 2010
- Fellow. Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), . 2003
- Fellow. Association for Computing Machinery. 1997
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 1993
In the News
- Analog DNA Circuit Does Math in a Test Tube (Aug 23, 2016)
- Carolyn McAllaster, Susan S. Reif: Funding fails to keep pace with South's HIV epidemic (Dec 1, 2015 | The News & Observer )
- Song, T; Garg, S; Mokhtar, R; Bui, H; Reif, J, Analog Computation by DNA Strand Displacement Circuits., ACS Synthetic Biology, vol 5 no. 8 (2016), pp. 898-912 [10.1021/acssynbio.6b00144] [abs].
- Tyagi, A; Reif, JH, Energy complexity of optical computations, International Journal of Unconventional Computing, vol 12 no. 5-6 (2016), pp. 393-412 [abs].
- Alhalabi, W; Reif, J; Elsheikh, Z; Felimban, H; Fallata, M; Thabit, K; Abusorrah, A, The co-learning in the design, simulation and optimization of a solar concentrating system, Computers in Human Behavior, vol 51 (2015), pp. 857-866 [10.1016/j.chb.2014.10.043] [abs].
- Reif, JH; Alhalabi, W, Solar-thermal powered desalination: Its significant challenges and potential, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol 48 (2015), pp. 152-165 [10.1016/j.rser.2015.03.065] [abs].
- Dalchau, N; Chandran, H; Gopalkrishnan, N; Phillips, A; Reif, J, Probabilistic Analysis of Localized DNA Hybridization Circuits., ACS Synthetic Biology, vol 4 no. 8 (2015), pp. 898-913 [10.1021/acssynbio.5b00044] [abs].