Assistant Professor of Statistical Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Statistical Science
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurobiology
- Assistant Professor in Neurology
- Member of the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience
- Affiliate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- University of Cambridge (UK), 2011
- Ph.D. University College London (United Kingdom), 2008
- M.S. Columbia University, 2003
- B.S. State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2000
- BRAINSOC 395-1: Bass Connections in Brain and Society: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- BRAINSOC 395: Bass Connections in Brain and Society: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- BRAINSOC 396-1: Bass Connections in Brain and Society 2: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- BRAINSOC 396: Bass Connections in Brain and Society 2: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- MATH 230: Probability
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- STA 102: Introductory Biostatistics
- STA 230: Probability
- STA 493: Research Independent Study
- STA 571: Advanced Probabilistic Machine Learning
- STA 582L: DataFest
- STA 993: Independent Study
In the News
- iPhone App Could Guide MS Research, Treatment (Oct 3, 2017)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- UNC, Duke researchers team up to study how the flu spreads (Sep 8, 2015 | WRAL )
- How to predict which college students will get the flu (Aug 19, 2015 | Futurity )
- Cell Phones Help Track Flu on Campus (Aug 18, 2015)
- Two Duke Teams Attempting to Map LinkedIn Universe (Jun 1, 2015 | Duke Research Blog )
- Three Win NSF Awards for Brain Science (Aug 14, 2014)
- Vu, M-AT; Adalı, T; Ba, D; Buzsáki, G; Carlson, D; Heller, K; Liston, C; Rudin, C; Sohal, VS; Widge, AS; Mayberg, HS; Sapiro, G; Dzirasa, K, A Shared Vision for Machine Learning in Neuroscience., The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, vol 38 no. 7 (2018), pp. 1601-1607 [10.1523/jneurosci.0508-17.2018] [abs].
- Madlon-Kay, S; Brent, L; Montague, M; Heller, K; Platt, M, Using Machine Learning to Discover Latent Social Phenotypes in Free-Ranging Macaques., Brain Sciences, vol 7 no. 7 (2017) [10.3390/brainsci7070091] [abs].
- Fan, K; Zhang, Y; Henao, R; Heller, K, Triply stochastic variational inference for non-linear beta process factor analysis, Proceedings / IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (2017), pp. 121-130 [10.1109/ICDM.2016.36] [abs].
- Futoma, J; Sendak, M; Cameron, CB; Heller, K, Scalable joint modeling of longitudinal and point process data for disease trajectory prediction and improving management of chronic kidney disease, 32nd Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence 2016, UAI 2016 (2016), pp. 222-231 [abs].
- Tan, X; Naqvi, SAZ; Qi, A; Heller, KA; Rao, V, Content-based modeling of reciprocal relationships using Hawkes and Gaussian processes, 32nd Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence 2016, UAI 2016 (2016), pp. 726-734 [abs].