Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials ScienceMichael M. Zavlanos specializes in the area of networked control systems, distributed control and optimization, hybrid control, with applications to robotic, sensor, communication, and biomolecular networks.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania, 2008
A range of topics in the emerging discipline of networked systems, which studies systems of intelligent physical agents interacting via a communication medium in search of local control principles that determine global network behavior. Focus on robotic, sensor, and wireless networks that can be used for a variety of tasks including remote sensing, environmental monitoring and mapping, reliable long-range communications, or distributed mobile computing, to name a few. Particularly interested in hybrid, distributed, and robust solution techniques for integrated sensing, communication, computation, and control, that lie on the interface between control theory, distributed optimization, estimation, and networking.
- CEE 627: Linear System Theory
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- ECE 382: Linear Control Systems
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ME 344L: Control of Dynamic Systems
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 627: Linear System Theory
- ME 758S: Curricular Practical Training
- Freundlich, C; Lee, S; Zavlanos, MM, Distributed estimation and control for robotic sensor networks, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 3518-3523 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798797] [abs].
- Lee, S; Zavlanos, MM, Approximate projections for decentralized optimization with SDP constraints, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 1030-1035 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798403] [abs].
- Kantaros, Y; Zavlanos, MM, Simultaneous intermittent communication control and path optimization in networks of mobile robots, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 1794-1799 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798525] [abs].
- Lee, S; Ribeiro, A; Zavlanos, MM, Distributed continuous-time online optimization using saddle-point methods, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 4314-4319 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798923] [abs].
- Chatzipanagiotis, N; Zavlanos, MM, Distributed Scheduling of Network Connectivity Using Mobile Access Point Robots, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol 32 no. 6 (2016), pp. 1333-1346 [10.1109/TRO.2016.2593041] [abs].