2016-2017 Tour Schedule
- Summer: May 23 – June 24 and July 5 – August 12, 2016
- Fall: August 31 – December 9, 2016
- Spring: January 17 – April 25, 2017 (Spring schedule and registration will be available in early November 2016.)
(Please note: Advance registration of two (2) business days required.)
Learn about life as a Duke studenT
Explore the E-Quad with your Pratt tour guide for an overview of our newest facilities, visits to typical labs and classrooms, and information about the various opportunities available to engineering students at Duke.
Pratt Walking Tours:
- Are led by knowledgeable, friendly student guides
- Last approximately one hour
- Are limited to 20 participants total (four per group)
The Pratt tour schedule allows visitors the opportunity to participate in both the Undergraduate Admissions information session/campus tour and the Pratt Walking Tour on most weekdays. Separate registration is required. Please note: Visitors should allow at least two hours with Admissions and a 15-minute walk between buildings.
Undergraduate students serve as Pratt tour guides, therefore, they are not able to answer questions about financial aid, test scores, admissions requirements, etc. Those questions should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (919-684-3214).
Some Dates Not Available
Because we rely on the expertise of knowledgeable student guides, Pratt tours will not take place on the following dates:
- May 30: Memorial Day Holiday
- June 25-July 4: Summer Term I Final Exams, transition to Summer Term II, Independence Day Holiday
- August 13 – 30: Summer Term II Final Exams, transition to Fall Semester
- September 5: Labor Day Holiday
- October 8-11: Duke’s Fall Break
- November 23-27: Thanksgiving Break
- December 9-January 16: Fall Reading Period and Final Exams, Winter Break
- March 11-19: Duke’s Spring Break
- April 26 – May 21: Spring Reading Period and Final Exams, Graduation, Transition to Summer Term I
Questions about Pratt tours should be directed to Pratt’s Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Lauren Stulgis, at email@example.com or 919-660-5442.
Duke University and the Pratt School of Engineering welcomes and encourages individuals with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities.
If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation, or have questions about access, please contact Lauren Stulgis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-660-5442 in advance of your visit.
For more information, please visit the Disability Management System online at http://access.duke.edu/, or call 919-684-1424 to inquire about visitor accessibility and accommodation.
Where to Meet
Pratt Walking Tours begin from the lobby of the Nello L. Teer Engineering Building. Visitors to Pratt may park in the Bryan Center (PGIV) Parking Garage or other designated visitor parking areas on campus.
It is a short walk from the Bryan Center Parking Garage to the Teer Building:
- Exit to Science Drive and turn right.
- Follow the sidewalk down the hill and continue past the circle on the pedestrian walkway.
- The Teer Building will be on your left
- Enter through the main entrance and meet your tour in the lobby.
If you have registered for a Pratt tour and are unable to attend, please notify Pratt’s Undergraduate Program Coordinator Lauren Stulgis at email@example.com or 919-660-5442.
In case of severe weather that impacts Duke's campus, you may check the DukeAlert website to see whether we are operating on a normal or modified schedule. If classes are cancelled, Pratt tours will also be cancelled. Any questions may be directed to Lauren Stulgis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-660-5442.
Our regularly scheduled Pratt Walking Tours are not designed to accommodate school or interest groups greater than four people. If you are interested in scheduling a visit for your group please contact Lauren Stulgis directly, at email@example.com or 919-660-5442, to discuss options.