Professor of Computer Science
My interests span atoms to applications, with a foundation centered in computer architecture and systems. I enjoy a combination of interdisciplinary and conventional research.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Computer Science
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Office Location: D308 Lev Sci Res Ctr, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6551
- Email Address: email@example.com
- B.S. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1989
- M.S. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1991
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1995
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Alan D. Berenbaum Distinguished Service Award. ACM SIGARCH. 2020
- Recognition of Service Award. Association of Computing Machinery. 2019
- Fellow. IEEE. 2017
- Honorable Mention, IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE MICRO. 2017
- Best Paper. 6th International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures. 2013
- IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE. 2010
- IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE MICRO. 2009
- Best Paper. 31st Annual ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture. 1998
- NSF CAREER. National Science Foundation. 1997
- Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher. Department of Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin at Madison. 1995
- COMPSCI 210D: Introduction to Computer Systems
- ECE 652: Advanced Computer Architecture II
In the News
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Programmable Dye Platform Pioneer Phitonex (Dec 31, 2020)
- Phitonex Pushes the Envelope of Immunology Research with 40 Color Flow Cytometry Experiment (Apr 14, 2020)
- Phitonex Announces $2M Seed Funding (Oct 10, 2019)
- Snyder, J., A. R. Lebeck, and D. Zhuo. “RDMA Congestion Control: It Is Only for the Compliant.” Ieee Micro 43, no. 1 (January 1, 2023): 76–82. https://doi.org/10.1109/MM.2022.3208746.
- Kong, X., J. Chen, W. Bai, Y. Xu, M. Elhaddad, S. Raindel, J. Padhye, A. R. Lebeck, and D. Zhuo. “Understanding RDMA Microarchitecture Resources for Performance Isolation.” In Proceedings of the 20th Usenix Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, Nsdi 2023, 31–48, 2023.
- Snyder, J., and A. R. Lebeck. “Fast Convergence to Fairness for Reduced Long Flow Tail Latency in Datacenter Networks.” In Proceedings 2022 Ieee 36th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, Ipdps 2022, 1007–17, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1109/IPDPS53621.2022.00102.
- Zhang, X., R. Bashizade, Y. Wang, S. Mukherjee, and A. R. Lebeck. “Statistical robustness of Markov chain Monte Carlo accelerators.” In International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems Asplos, 959–74, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1145/3445814.3446697.
- Bashizade, Ramin, Xiangyu Zhang, Sayan Mukherjee, and Alvin R. Lebeck. “Accelerating Markov Random Field Inference with Uncertainty Quantification.” Corr abs/2108.00570 (2021).