Professor of Computer Science
My interests span atoms to applications, with a foundation centered in computer architecture and systems. I enjoy a combination of interdisciplinary and conventional research.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Computer Science
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Office Location: 308 Research Dr., Dept. of Computer Science, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6551
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.S. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1989
- M.S. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1991
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1995
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Alan D. Berenbaum Distinguished Service Award. ACM SIGARCH. 2020
- Recognition of Service Award. Association of Computing Machinery. 2019
- Fellow. IEEE. 2017
- Honorable Mention, IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE MICRO. 2017
- Best Paper. 6th International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures. 2013
- IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE. 2010
- IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE MICRO. 2009
- Best Paper. 31st Annual ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture. 1998
- NSF CAREER. National Science Foundation. 1997
- Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher. Department of Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin at Madison. 1995
- COMPSCI 210D: Introduction to Computer Systems
- ECE 652: Advanced Computer Architecture II
In the News
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Programmable Dye Platform Pioneer Phitonex (Dec 31, 2020)
- Phitonex Pushes the Envelope of Immunology Research with 40 Color Flow Cytometry Experiment (Apr 14, 2020)
- Phitonex Announces $2M Seed Funding (Oct 10, 2019)
- Snyder, J., A. R. Lebeck, and D. Zhuo. “RDMA Congestion Control: It Is Only for the Compliant.” IEEE Micro 43, no. 1 (January 1, 2023): 76–82. https://doi.org/10.1109/MM.2022.3208746.
- Kong, X., J. Chen, W. Bai, Y. Xu, M. Elhaddad, S. Raindel, J. Padhye, A. R. Lebeck, and D. Zhuo. “Understanding RDMA Microarchitecture Resources for Performance Isolation.” In Proceedings of the 20th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, NSDI 2023, 31–48, 2023.
- Snyder, J., and A. R. Lebeck. “Fast Convergence to Fairness for Reduced Long Flow Tail Latency in Datacenter Networks.” In Proceedings - 2022 IEEE 36th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, IPDPS 2022, 1007–17, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1109/IPDPS53621.2022.00102.
- Zhang, X., R. Bashizade, Y. Wang, S. Mukherjee, and A. R. Lebeck. “Statistical robustness of Markov chain Monte Carlo accelerators.” In International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems - ASPLOS, 959–74, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1145/3445814.3446697.
- Bashizade, Ramin, Xiangyu Zhang, Sayan Mukherjee, and Alvin R. Lebeck. “Accelerating Markov Random Field Inference with Uncertainty Quantification.” CoRR abs/2108.00570 (2021).