Benjamin C. Lee
Adjunct Professor of Computer Science
Benjamin Lee's research focuses on computer architecture and systems, energy efficiency, performance modeling, and algorithmic economics for resource management. He is also interested in policy for environmentally sustainable information technology infrastructure.
Lee held an NSF Computing Innovation Fellowship at Stanford University (2009). He also held visiting research positions at Microsoft Research (2008), Intel Corporation (2007), and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2006). He earned his B.S. from the University of California at Berkeley (2004) and his S.M., Ph.D. from Harvard University (2008).
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor of Computer Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 210 Hudson Hall, Box 90291, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5043
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 2008
Computer architecture and systems, energy efficiency, performance modeling, and algorithmic economics for resource management; policy for environmentally sustainable information technology infrastructure
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences. IEEE Micro. 2015
- Nortel Networks Professorship. Duke University. 2013
- CAREER Award. National Science Foundation. 2012
- Faculty Research Award. Google. 2011
- Research Highlight. Communications of the ACM. 2011
- Research Highlight. Communications of the ACM. 2010
- Computing Innovation Fellowship. National Science Foundation. 2009
- Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences. IEEE Micro. 2009
- Best Paper Nomination. IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture. 2008
- Harvard University Nomination. ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award. 2008
- Invited Participant. St. Gallen Symposium. 2008
- Invited Participant. St. Gallen Symposium. 2007
- First Place, Student Research Competition. IEEE/ACM Supercomputing. 2006
- Best Paper. International Conference on Parallel Processing. 2004
- Engineering and Applied Sciences Fellowship. Harvard University. 2004
- Best Student Paper Finalist. IEEE/ACM Supercomputing . 2002
- COMPSCI 250D: Computer Architecture
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- ECE 250D: Computer Architecture
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 561: Datacenter Architecture
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- Lee, BC, Datacenter Design and Management: A Computer Architect's Perspective, vol 11 (2016), pp. 1-121 [10.2200/S00693ED1V01Y201601CAC037] [abs].
- Zahedi, SM; Lee, BC, Sharing Incentives and Fair Division for Multiprocessors, Ieee Micro, vol 35 no. 3 (2015), pp. 92-100 [10.1109/MM.2015.49] [abs].
- Lee, BC, Message from the general chair, Ispass 2015 Ieee International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (2015) [10.1109/ISPASS.2015.7095776] [abs].
- Zahedi, SM; Lee, BC, REF: Resource elasticity fairness with sharing incentives for multiprocessors, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems Asplos (2014), pp. 145-159 [10.1145/2541940.2541962] [abs].
- Guevara, M; Lubin, B; Lee, BC, Market mechanisms for managing datacenters with heterogeneous microarchitectures, Acm Transactions on Computer Systems, vol 32 no. 1 (2014) [10.1145/2541258] [abs].