Brian R. Stoner
Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Research Professor of Global Health
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 1993
In the News
- Duke-Designed Toilets to Debut In Two Indian Cities (Nov 19, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Automated Feminine Hygiene Disposal for Developing Communities (Nov 8, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Reinventing the Toilet (Nov 5, 2018 | Duke Stories)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 25, 2018 | Duke Global Health Institute)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 4, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke, RTI International Partner on Improved Global Sanitation (Aug 28, 2017)
- Hawkins, BT; Sellgren, KL; Cellini, E; J D Klem, E; Rogers, T; Lynch, BJ; Piascik, JR; Stoner, BR, Remediation of suspended solids and turbidity by improved settling tank design in a small-scale, free-standing toilet system using recycled blackwater., Water and Environment Journal, vol 33 no. 1 (2019), pp. 61-66 [10.1111/wej.12369] [abs].
- Raut, AS; Parker, CB; Klem, EJD; Stoner, BR; Deshusses, MA; Glass, JT, Reduction in energy for electrochemical disinfection of E. coli in urine simulant., Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol 49 no. 5 (2019), pp. 443-453 [10.1007/s10800-019-01292-4] [abs].
- Rogers, TW; Rogers, TS; Stoner, MH; Sellgren, KL; Lynch, BJ; Forbis-Stokes, AA; Stoner, BR; Hawkins, BT, A granular activated carbon/electrochemical hybrid system for onsite treatment and reuse of blackwater., Water Research, vol 144 (2018), pp. 553-560 [10.1016/j.watres.2018.07.070] [abs].
- Thostenson, JO; Mourouvin, R; Hawkins, BT; Ngaboyamahina, E; Sellgren, KL; Parker, CB; Deshusses, MA; Stoner, BR; Glass, JT, Improved blackwater disinfection using potentiodynamic methods with oxidized boron-doped diamond electrodes., Water Research, vol 140 (2018), pp. 191-199 [10.1016/j.watres.2018.04.022] [abs].
- Amsden, JJ; Herr, PJ; Landry, DMW; Kim, W; Vyas, R; Parker, CB; Kirley, MP; Keil, AD; Gilchrist, KH; Radauscher, EJ; Hall, SD; Carlson, JB; Baldasaro, N; Stokes, D; Di Dona, ST; Russell, ZE; Grego, S; Edwards, SJ; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT, Proof of Concept Coded Aperture Miniature Mass Spectrometer Using a Cycloidal Sector Mass Analyzer, a Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Field Emission Electron Ionization Source, and an Array Detector., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 29 no. 2 (2018), pp. 360-372 [10.1007/s13361-017-1820-y] [abs].