Assistant Research Professor of Statistical Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor of Statistical Science
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurobiology
- Assistant Professor in Neurology
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Member of the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience
- Affiliate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- University of Cambridge (United Kingdom), 2011
- Ph.D. University College London (United Kingdom), 2008
- M.S. Columbia University, 2003
- B.S. State University of New York, Stony Brook, 2000
- BRAINSOC 396-1: Bass Connections in Brain and Society 2: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- BRAINSOC 396: Bass Connections in Brain and Society 2: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- ECE 891: Internship
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
In the News
- iPhone App Could Guide MS Research, Treatment (Oct 3, 2017)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- UNC, Duke researchers team up to study how the flu spreads (Sep 8, 2015 | WRAL)
- How to predict which college students will get the flu (Aug 19, 2015 | Futurity)
- Cell Phones Help Track Flu on Campus (Aug 18, 2015)
- Two Duke Teams Attempting to Map LinkedIn Universe (Jun 1, 2015 | Duke Research Blog)
- Three Win NSF Awards for Brain Science (Aug 14, 2014)
- Sendak, MP; Ratliff, W; Sarro, D; Alderton, E; Futoma, J; Gao, M; Nichols, M; Revoir, M; Yashar, F; Miller, C; Kester, K; Sandhu, S; Corey, K; Brajer, N; Tan, C; Lin, A; Brown, T; Engelbosch, S; Anstrom, K; Elish, MC; Heller, K; Donohoe, R; Theiling, J; Poon, E; Balu, S; Bedoya, A; O'Brien, C, Real-World Integration of a Sepsis Deep Learning Technology Into Routine Clinical Care: Implementation Study., Jmir Medical Informatics, vol 8 no. 7 (2020) [10.2196/15182] [abs].
- Bedoya, AD; Futoma, J; Clement, ME; Corey, K; Brajer, N; Lin, A; Simons, MG; Gao, M; Nichols, M; Balu, S; Heller, K; Sendak, M; O'Brien, C, Machine learning for early detection of sepsis: an internal and temporal validation study., Jamia Open, vol 3 no. 2 (2020), pp. 252-260 [10.1093/jamiaopen/ooaa006] [abs].
- Dusenberry, MW; Tran, D; Choi, E; Kemp, J; Nixon, J; Jerfel, G; Heller, K; Dai, AM, Analyzing the role of model uncertainty for electronic health records, Acm Chil 2020 Proceedings of the 2020 Acm Conference on Health, Inference, and Learning (2020), pp. 204-213 [10.1145/3368555.3384457] [abs].
- Bu, F; Xu, S; Heller, K; Volfovsky, A, SMOGS: Social network metrics of game success, Aistats 2019 22nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (2020) [abs].
- Dusenberry, MW; Jerfel, G; Wen, Y; Ma, YA; Snoek, J; Heller, K; Lakshminarayanan, B; Tran, D, Efficient and Scalable Bayesian Neural Nets with Rank-1 Factors, 37th International Conference on Machine Learning, Icml 2020, vol PartF168147-4 (2020), pp. 2762-2772 [abs].