Assistant Professor of Statistical Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Statistical Science
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurobiology
- Assistant Professor in Neurology
- Member of the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience
- Affiliate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- University of Cambridge (UK), 2011
- Ph.D. University College London (United Kingdom), 2008
- M.S. Columbia University, 2003
- B.S. State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2000
- BRAINSOC 395-1: Bass Connections in Brain and Society: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- BRAINSOC 395: Bass Connections in Brain and Society: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- BRAINSOC 396-1: Bass Connections in Brain and Society 2: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- BRAINSOC 396: Bass Connections in Brain and Society 2: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- MATH 230: Probability
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- STA 102: Introductory Biostatistics
- STA 230: Probability
- STA 493: Research Independent Study
- STA 571: Advanced Probabilistic Machine Learning
- STA 582L: DataFest
- STA 993: Independent Study
In the News
- iPhone App Could Guide MS Research, Treatment (Oct 3, 2017)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- UNC, Duke researchers team up to study how the flu spreads (Sep 8, 2015 | WRAL )
- How to predict which college students will get the flu (Aug 19, 2015 | Futurity )
- Cell Phones Help Track Flu on Campus (Aug 18, 2015)
- Two Duke Teams Attempting to Map LinkedIn Universe (Jun 1, 2015 | Duke Research Blog )
- Three Win NSF Awards for Brain Science (Aug 14, 2014)
- Vu, M-AT; Adalı, T; Ba, D; Buzsáki, G; Carlson, D; Heller, K; Liston, C; Rudin, C; Sohal, VS; Widge, AS; Mayberg, HS; Sapiro, G; Dzirasa, K, A Shared Vision for Machine Learning in Neuroscience., The Journal of Neuroscience : the Official Journal of the Society for Neuroscience, vol 38 no. 7 (2018), pp. 1601-1607 [10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0508-17.2018] [abs].
- Madlon-Kay, S; Brent, L; Montague, M; Heller, K; Platt, M, Using Machine Learning to Discover Latent Social Phenotypes in Free-Ranging Macaques., Brain Sciences, vol 7 no. 7 (2017) [10.3390/brainsci7070091] [abs].
- Fan, K; Zhang, Y; Henao, R; Heller, K, Triply stochastic variational inference for non-linear beta process factor analysis, Proceedings Ieee International Conference on Data Mining, Icdm (2017), pp. 121-130 [10.1109/ICDM.2016.36] [abs].
- Fai, K; Wei, Q; Carin, L; Heller, K, An Inner-loop Free Solution to Inverse Problems using Deep Neural Networks, Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol 2017-December (2017), pp. 2371-2381 [abs].
- Futoma, J; Hariharan, S; Heller, K, Learning to detect sepsis with a multitask Gaussian process RNN classifier, 34th International Conference on Machine Learning, Icml 2017, vol 3 (2017), pp. 1914-1922 [abs].