Professor in the School of Nursing
Appointments and Affiliations
- Ann Henshaw Gardiner Distinguished Professor of Nursing
- Professor in the School of Nursing, with tenure
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor in Surgery
- Professor in Neurology
- Office Location: Duke School of Nursing Box 3322 DUMC, Durham, NC 27710
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
Biomedical signal processing (ECG, EEG, PPG, ICP, cerebral blood flow velocity), machine learning in healthcare, mathematical modeling of physiological systems, brain monitoring.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- SMART Award. Cerebral Autoregulation Research Network. 2016
- Winner of NASA Innocentive Challenge on Noninvasive Intracranial Pressure. NASA Innocentive. 2013
- Spring 2012 Venture Competition Grand Price. UCLA Business of Science Center. 2012
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute Scholar. University of California, Los Angeles. 2008
- Graduation with Honor . the Ministry of Electronics of China. 2006
- Honorary thesis . University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. 2006
- Sunghan Kim, ; Scalzo, F; Bergsneider, M; Vespa, P; Martin, N; Xiao Hu,, Noninvasive Intracranial Pressure Assessment Based on a Data-Mining Approach Using a Nonlinear Mapping Function, Ieee Transactions on Bio Medical Engineering, vol 59 no. 3 (2012), pp. 619-626 [10.1109/tbme.2010.2093897] [abs].
- Yang, L; Zhao, M; Peng, C; Hu, X; Feng, H; Ji, Z, Waveform descriptor for pulse onset detection of intracranial pressure signal, Medical Engineering & Physics, vol 34 no. 2 (2012), pp. 179-186 [10.1016/j.medengphy.2011.07.008] [abs].
- Scalzo, F; Asgari, S; Kim, S; Bergsneider, M; Hu, X, Bayesian tracking of intracranial pressure signal morphology, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, vol 54 no. 2 (2012), pp. 115-123 [10.1016/j.artmed.2011.08.007] [abs].
- Asgari, S; Vespa, P; Bergsneider, M; Hu, X, Lack of consistent intracranial pressure pulse morphological changes during episodes of microdialysis lactate/pyruvate ratio increase, Physiological Measurement, vol 32 no. 10 (2011), pp. 1639-1651 [10.1088/0967-3334/32/10/011] [abs].
- Asgari, S; Bergsneider, M; Hamilton, R; Vespa, P; Hu, X, Consistent Changes in Intracranial Pressure Waveform Morphology Induced by Acute Hypercapnic Cerebral Vasodilatation, Neurocritical Care, vol 15 no. 1 (2011), pp. 55-62 [10.1007/s12028-010-9463-x] [abs].