April S. Brown
John Cocke Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt , Jr. School of Engineering
Dr. April Brown recieved her B.S.E.E. from North Carolina State University in 1981, her M.S.E.E. and Ph.D. from Cornell University in 1984 and 1985, respectively. She worked at the Hughes Research Laboratories (now HRL LLC) in Malibu, Ca. from 1986-1993, and spent one year at the Army Research Office in the Physics Division (1988). She joined the Georgia Insitutute of Technology in 1994 as an Associate Professor and was promoted to Professor in 1999. She was Associate Dean in the College of Engineering from 1999-2001 and Executive Assistant to the President from 2001-2002. In addition, she was named Pettit Professor in Microelectronics in 2001. She joined Duke University as Professor and Chair in July 2002. She is currently Sr. Associate Dean for Research in the Pratt School of Engineering at Duke
Appointments and Affiliations
- John Cocke Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt , Jr. School of Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5442
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nanomaterial manufacturing and characterization
Sensing and Sensor Systems
Nanoscale/microscale computing systems
Integrated Nanoscale Systems
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 545: Foundations of Nanoelectronics & Nanophotonics
- ECE 546: Optoelectronic Devices
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EGR 90L: Introduction to Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- P. C. Wu and M. Losurdo and T. H. Kim and M. Giangregorio and G. Bruno and H. O. Everitt and A. S. Brown, Plasmonic Gallium Nanoparticles on Polar Semiconductors: Interplay between Nanoparticle Wetting, Localized Surface Plasmon Dynamics, and Interface Charge, Langmuir, vol 25 no. 2 (2009), pp. 924 -- 930 [abs].
- M. A. Garcia and M. Losurdo and S. D. Wolter and W. V. Lampert and J. Bonaventura and G. Bruno and C. Yi and A. S. Brown, Comparison of Functionalized III-V Semiconductor Response for Nitric Oxide, Sensor Letters, vol 6 no. 4 (2008), pp. 627 -- 634 [abs].
- M. Losurdo and M. M. Giangregorio and G. Bruno and T. H. Kim and S. Choi and A. S. Brown and G. Pettinari and M. Capizzi and A. Polimeni, Behavior of hydrogen in InN investigated in real time exploiting spectroscopic ellipsometry, Applied Physics Letters, vol 91 no. 8 (2007) [abs].
- K. S. Mckay and F. P. Lu and J. Kim and C. H. Yi and A. S. Brown and A. R. Hawkins, Band discontinuity measurements of the wafer bonded InGaAs/Si heterojunction, Applied Physics Letters, vol 90 no. 22 (2007) [abs].
- J. Uhlrich and M. Garcia and S. Wolter and A. S. Brown and T. F. Kuech, Interfacial chemistry and energy band line-up of pentacene with the GaN (0001) surface, Journal Of Crystal Growth, vol 300 no. 1 (2007), pp. 204 -- 211 [abs].