Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Computer Science
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- D.Sc. Israel Institute of Technology, 1993
Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics, computational vision, biomedical imaging, brain imaging, cryo-tomography of viruses, computational tools in cryo-tomography, computational tools in early diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, differential geometry and differential equations, scientific computation, learning and high dimensional data analysis, sparse modeling and dictionary learning, applied mathematics.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2014
- Fellow. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2013
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- ECE 391: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Delbracio, M; Sapiro, G, Removing Camera Shake via Weighted Fourier Burst Accumulation, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol 24 no. 11 (2015), pp. 3293-3307 [10.1109/TIP.2015.2442914] [abs].
- Lucas, JE; Sapiro, G, Cancer: What's luck got to do with it?, Significance, vol 12 no. 2 (2015), pp. 40-42 [10.1111/j.1740-9713.2015.00816.x] [abs].
- Aganj, I; Sapiro, G; Harel, N, Q-Space Modeling in Diffusion-Weighted MRI, vol 1 (2015), pp. 257-263 [10.1016/B978-0-12-397025-1.00293-1] [abs].
- Yang, J; Liao, X; Yuan, X; Llull, P; Brady, DJ; Sapiro, G; Carin, L, Compressive sensing by learning a Gaussian mixture model from measurements., IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol 24 no. 1 (2015), pp. 106-119 [10.1109/tip.2014.2365720] [abs].
- Duarte-Carvajalino, JM; Lenglet, C; Xu, J; Yacoub, E; Ugurbil, K; Moeller, S; Carin, L; Sapiro, G, Estimation of the CSA-ODF using Bayesian compressed sensing of multi-shell HARDI., Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol 72 no. 5 (2014), pp. 1471-1485 [10.1002/mrm.25046] [abs].