Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Sc.D. Israel Institute of Technology, 1993
Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics, computational vision, biomedical imaging, brain imaging, cryo-tomography of viruses, computational tools in cryo-tomography, computational tools in early diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, differential geometry and differential equations, scientific computation, learning and high dimensional data analysis, sparse modeling and dictionary learning, applied mathematics.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2014
- Fellow. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2013
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Yang, J; Liao, X; Yuan, X; Llull, P; Brady, DJ; Sapiro, G; Carin, L, Compressive sensing by learning a Gaussian mixture model from measurements., IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol 24 no. 1 (2015), pp. 106-119 [10.1109/tip.2014.2365720] [abs].
- Duarte-Carvajalino, JM; Lenglet, C; Xu, J; Yacoub, E; Ugurbil, K; Moeller, S; Carin, L; Sapiro, G, Estimation of the CSA-ODF using Bayesian compressed sensing of multi-shell HARDI., Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol 72 no. 5 (2014), pp. 1471-1485 [10.1002/mrm.25046] [abs].
- Yang, J; Yuan, X; Liao, X; Llull, P; Brady, DJ; Sapiro, G; Carin, L, Video compressive sensing using Gaussian mixture models., IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol 23 no. 11 (2014), pp. 4863-4878 [10.1109/tip.2014.2344294] [abs].
- Prasad, G; Joshi, SH; Jahanshad, N; Villalon-Reina, J; Aganj, I; Lenglet, C; Sapiro, G; McMahon, KL; de Zubicaray, GI; Martin, NG; Wright, MJ; Toga, AW; Thompson, PM, Automatic clustering and population analysis of white matter tracts using maximum density paths., NeuroImage, vol 97 (2014), pp. 284-295 [10.1016/j.neuroimage.2014.04.033] [abs].
- Harrison, BD; Hashemi, J; Bibi, M; Pulver, R; Bavli, D; Nahmias, Y; Wellington, M; Sapiro, G; Berman, J, A tetraploid intermediate precedes aneuploid formation in yeasts exposed to fluconazole., PLoS biology, vol 12 no. 3 (2014) [10.1371/journal.pbio.1001815] [abs].