Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Sc.D. Israel Institute of Technology, 1993
Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics, computational vision, biomedical imaging, brain imaging, cryo-tomography of viruses, computational tools in cryo-tomography, computational tools in early diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, differential geometry and differential equations, scientific computation, learning and high dimensional data analysis, sparse modeling and dictionary learning, applied mathematics.
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Bronstein, Alexander M. and Bronstein, Michael M. and Kimmel, Ron and Mahmoudi, Mona and Sapiro, Guillermo, A Gromov-Hausdorff Framework with Diffusion Geometry for Topologically-Robust Non-rigid Shape Matching, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER VISION, vol 89 no. 2-3 (2010), pp. 266--286 [doi] [abs].
- Mairal, Julien and Sapiro, Guillermo and Elad, Michael, Learning multiscale sparse representations for image and video restoration, MULTISCALE MODELING \& SIMULATION, vol 7 no. 1 (2008), pp. 214--241 [doi] [abs].
- Memoli, F. and Sapiro, G., A theoretical and computational framework for isometry invariant recognition of point cloud data, FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTATIONAL MATHEMATICS, vol 5 no. 3 (2005), pp. 313--347 [doi] [abs].
- Weinberger, M. J. and Seroussi, G. and Sapiro, G., The LOCO-I lossless image compression algorithm: Principles and standardization into JPEG-LS, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON IMAGE PROCESSING, vol 9 no. 8 (2000), pp. 1309--1324 [doi] [abs].
- Caselles, V. and Kimmel, R. and Sapiro, G., Geodesic active contours, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER VISION, vol 22 no. 1 (1997), pp. 61--79 [doi] [abs].