Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Iman Marvian completed his PhD in Physics in October 2012 at the University of Waterloo and Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario. He worked at the University of Southern California (Nov 2012-Aug 2015) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sept 2015-present) as postdoctoral researcher.
His main research interest is quantum information and computation theory. He has worked on a wide range of topics in this field, including quantum algorithms, quantum error suppression, open quantum systems, quantum resource theories and quantum thermodynamics. Also, he is very interested in finding applications for ideas and techniques developed in quantum information theory in the rest of physics, and in particular, in many-body systems and quantum gravity.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics
- Office Location: 130 Hudson Hall, Box 90291, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5252
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Waterloo (Canada), 2012
Quantum information and computation theory
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study