Kenneth R Brown
Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer EngineeringProf. Brown's research interest is the control of quantum systems for both understanding the natural world and developing new technologies. His current research areas are the development of robust quantum computers and the study of molecular properties at cold and ultracold temperatures.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley, 2003
Quantum error correction, quantum control, quantum computer architecture, ion trap quantum computing, and the spectroscopy of sympathetically cooled molecular ions
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
- Leung, PH; Landsman, KA; Figgatt, C; Linke, NM; Monroe, C; Brown, KR, Robust 2-Qubit Gates in a Linear Ion Crystal Using a Frequency-Modulated Driving Force., Physical Review Letters, vol 120 no. 2 (2018) [10.1103/physrevlett.120.020501] [abs].
- Condoluci, J; Janardan, S; Calvin, AT; Rugango, R; Shu, G; Sherrill, CD; Brown, KR, Reassigning the CaH+ 11Σ → 21Σ vibronic transition with CaD., Journal of Chemical Physics, vol 147 no. 21 (2017) [10.1063/1.5016556] [abs].
- Linke, NM; Gutierrez, M; Landsman, KA; Figgatt, C; Debnath, S; Brown, KR; Monroe, C, Fault-tolerant quantum error detection., Science Advances, vol 3 no. 10 (2017) [10.1126/sciadv.1701074] [abs].
- Li, M; Gutiérrez, M; David, SE; Hernandez, A; Brown, KR, Fault tolerance with bare ancillary qubits for a [[7,1,3]] code, Physical Review A, vol 96 no. 3 (2017) [10.1103/PhysRevA.96.032341] [abs].
- Brown, KR; Kim, J; Monroe, C, Co-designing a scalable quantum computer with trapped atomic ions, vol 2 no. 1 (2016) [10.1038/npjqi.2016.34] [abs].
- Rugango, R; Calvin, AT; Janardan, S; Shu, G; Brown, KR, Vibronic Spectroscopy of Sympathetically Cooled CaH., Chemphyschem, vol 17 no. 22 (2016), pp. 3764-3768 [10.1002/cphc.201600645] [abs].