Nortel Networks Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Nortel Networks Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of California at Santa Barbara, 2009
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Cottrell Scholar Award. Research Corporation for Science Advancement . 2016
- CAREER Award . NSF . 2015
- Young Investigator Program Award . Air Force Office of Scientific Research . 2015
- Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Award . Oak Ridge Associated Universities. 2014
- ECE 340L: Optics and Photonics
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 521: Quantum Mechanics
- PHYSICS 151L9D: Introductory Mechanics (Discussion Component)
- PHYSICS 320L: Optics and Photonics
- PHYSICS 491: Independent Study: Advanced Topics
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
- VMS 325L: Optics and Photonics
In the News
- Mikkelsen Named 2016 Cottrell Scholar (Feb 29, 2016)
- New Technology Colors In the Infrared Rainbow (Nov 9, 2015)
- Researchers create light-emitting device that flashes 90 billion times per second (Jul 28, 2015 | Tech Times )
- Superfast Fluorescence Sets New Speed Record (Jul 27, 2015)
- Superfast LEDs to improve light-based telecommunications (Oct 13, 2014 | NDTV )
- Revving Up Fluorescence for Superfast LEDs (Oct 13, 2014)
- Two Win Powe Award from Oak Ridge (Jul 28, 2014)
- Energy Initiative Provides First Round of Research Seed Funding (Apr 16, 2014)
- Akselrod, GM; Huang, J; Hoang, TB; Bowen, PT; Su, L; Smith, DR; Mikkelsen, MH, Large-Area Metasurface Perfect Absorbers from Visible to Near-Infrared., Advanced Materials, vol 27 no. 48 (2015), pp. 8028-8034 [abs].
- Akselrod, GM; Ming, T; Argyropoulos, C; Hoang, TB; Lin, Y; Ling, X; Smith, DR; Kong, J; Mikkelsen, MH, Leveraging Nanocavity Harmonics for Control of Optical Processes in 2D Semiconductors., Nano Letters, vol 15 no. 5 (2015), pp. 3578-3584 [abs].
- Baron, A; Hoang, TB; Fang, C; Mikkelsen, MH; Smith, DR, Ultrafast self-action of surface-plasmon polaritons at an air/metal interface, Physical Review B - Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, vol 91 no. 19 (2015) [10.1103/PhysRevB.91.195412] [abs].
- Yang, A; Hoang, TB; Dridi, M; Deeb, C; Mikkelsen, MH; Schatz, GC; Odom, TW, Real-time tunable lasing from plasmonic nanocavity arrays, Nature Communications, vol 6 (2015), pp. 6939-6939 [10.1038/ncomms7939] [abs].
- Kolchin, P; Pholchai, N; Mikkelsen, MH; Oh, J; Ota, S; Islam, MS; Yin, X; Zhang, X, Correction to High Purcell Factor Due to Coupling of a Single Emitter to a Dielectric Slot Waveguide, Nano Letters, vol 15 no. 4 (2015), pp. 2763-2763 [10.1021/acs.nanolett.5b00900] [abs].