Nortel Networks Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Nortel Networks Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Physics
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 2509 CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of California at Santa Barbara, 2009
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Maria Goeppert Mayer Award . American Physical Society. 2017
- Cottrell Scholar Award. Research Corporation for Science Advancement . 2016
- Young Investigator Program Award . Army Research Office . 2016
- CAREER Award . National Science Foundation . 2015
- Young Investigator Program Award . Air Force Office of Scientific Research . 2015
- Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Award . Oak Ridge Associated Universities. 2014
- Ph.D. Thesis prize, Quantum Electronics and Optics. European Physical Society. 2011
- ECE 340L: Optics and Photonics
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PHYSICS 151L9D: Introductory Mechanics (Discussion Component)
- PHYSICS 320L: Optics and Photonics
- PHYSICS 491: Independent Study: Advanced Topics
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
- PHYSICS 495: Thesis Independent Study
- VMS 325L: Optics and Photonics
In the News
- Trapping Light to Enhance Material Properties (May 4, 2017 | Duke Research Blog )
- Nanocubes Simplify Printing And Imaging In Color And Infrared (Dec 15, 2016)
- Mikkelsen Named 2016 Cottrell Scholar (Feb 29, 2016)
- New Technology Colors In the Infrared Rainbow (Nov 9, 2015)
- Researchers create light-emitting device that flashes 90 billion times per second (Jul 28, 2015 | Tech Times )
- Superfast Fluorescence Sets New Speed Record (Jul 27, 2015)
- Revving Up Fluorescence for Superfast LEDs (Oct 13, 2014)
- Superfast LEDs to improve light-based telecommunications (Oct 13, 2014 | NDTV )
- Two Win Powe Award from Oak Ridge (Jul 28, 2014)
- Energy Initiative Provides First Round of Research Seed Funding (Apr 16, 2014)
- Stewart, JW; Akselrod, GM; Smith, DR; Mikkelsen, MH, Toward Multispectral Imaging with Colloidal Metasurface Pixels., Advanced Materials, vol 29 no. 6 (2017) [10.1002/adma.201602971] [abs].
- Huang, J; Hoang, TB; Ming, T; Kong, J; Mikkelsen, MH, Temporal and spatial valley dynamics in two-dimensional semiconductors probed via Kerr rotation, Physical Review B, vol 95 no. 7 (2017) [10.1103/PhysRevB.95.075428] [abs].
- Boyce, AM; Stewart, JW; Wheeler, V; Mikkelsen, MH, Actively-tunable plasmonic metasurfaces using a phasechange material, Optics InfoBase Conference Papers, vol Part F42-CLEO_QELS 2017 (2017) [10.1364/CLEO_QELS.2017.FM2H.7] [abs].
- Hoang, TB; Akselrod, GM; Mikkelsen, MH, Ultrafast room-temperature single photon source with plasmonic nanocavities, Optics InfoBase Conference Papers, vol Part F42-CLEO_QELS 2017 (2017) [10.1364/CLEO_QELS.2017.FF2G.4] [abs].
- Stewart, JW; Akselrod, GM; Smith, DR; Mikkelsen, MH, Multispectral metasurface absorbers for optoelectronic devices, Optics InfoBase Conference Papers, vol Part F41-CLEO_SI 2017 (2017) [10.1364/CLEO_SI.2017.SM3N.4] [abs].