Nortel Networks Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Nortel Networks Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Physics
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 2509 CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California at Santa Barbara, 2009
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Maria Goeppert Mayer Award . American Physical Society. 2017
- Cottrell Scholar Award. Research Corporation for Science Advancement . 2016
- Young Investigator Program Award . Army Research Office . 2016
- CAREER Award . National Science Foundation . 2015
- Young Investigator Program Award . Air Force Office of Scientific Research . 2015
- Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Award . Oak Ridge Associated Universities. 2014
- Ph.D. Thesis prize, Quantum Electronics and Optics. European Physical Society. 2011
- ECE 340L: Optics and Photonics
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PHYSICS 151L9D: Introductory Mechanics (Discussion Component)
- PHYSICS 320L: Optics and Photonics
- PHYSICS 491: Independent Study: Advanced Topics
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
- PHYSICS 495: Thesis Independent Study
- VMS 325L: Optics and Photonics
In the News
- Nanocubes Simplify Printing And Imaging In Color And Infrared (Dec 15, 2016)
- Mikkelsen Named 2016 Cottrell Scholar (Feb 29, 2016)
- New Technology Colors In the Infrared Rainbow (Nov 9, 2015)
- Researchers create light-emitting device that flashes 90 billion times per second (Jul 28, 2015 | Tech Times )
- Superfast Fluorescence Sets New Speed Record (Jul 27, 2015)
- Superfast LEDs to improve light-based telecommunications (Oct 13, 2014 | NDTV )
- Revving Up Fluorescence for Superfast LEDs (Oct 13, 2014)
- Two Win Powe Award from Oak Ridge (Jul 28, 2014)
- Energy Initiative Provides First Round of Research Seed Funding (Apr 16, 2014)
- Stewart, JW; Akselrod, GM; Smith, DR; Mikkelsen, MH, Toward Multispectral Imaging with Colloidal Metasurface Pixels., Advanced Materials, vol 29 no. 6 (2017) [10.1002/adma.201602971] [abs].
- Huang, J; Hoang, TB; Ming, T; Kong, J; Mikkelsen, MH, Temporal and spatial valley dynamics in two-dimensional semiconductors probed via Kerr rotation, Physical Review B, vol 95 no. 7 (2017) [10.1103/PhysRevB.95.075428] [abs].
- Akselrod, GM; Weidman, MC; Li, Y; Argyropoulos, C; Tisdale, WA; Mikkelsen, MH, Efficient Nanosecond Photoluminescence from Infrared PbS Quantum Dots Coupled to Plasmonic Nanoantennas, ACS Photonics, vol 3 no. 10 (2016), pp. 1741-1746 [10.1021/acsphotonics.6b00357] [abs].
- Ge, W; Hoang, TB; Mikkelsen, MH; Stiff-Roberts, AD, RIR-MAPLE deposition of plasmonic silver nanoparticles, Applied Physics A, vol 122 no. 9 (2016) [10.1007/s00339-016-0360-9] [abs].
- Hoang, TB; Mikkelsen, MH, Broad electrical tuning of plasmonic nanoantennas at visible frequencies, Applied Physics Letters, vol 108 no. 18 (2016), pp. 183107-183107 [10.1063/1.4948588] [abs].