Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Affiliate of the Duke Center for International Development
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 1993
In the News
- Making a Cleaner World, One Flush at a Time (Sep 8, 2023 | Duke Magazine)
- Reclaiming Water from Waste (Sep 23, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Toilet Paper Sabotage Isn't Stopping Progress on Project to 'Reinvent the Toilet' (Feb 17, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke-Designed Toilets to Debut In Two Indian Cities (Nov 19, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Automated Feminine Hygiene Disposal for Developing Communities (Nov 8, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Reinventing the Toilet (Nov 5, 2018 | Duke Stories)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 25, 2018 | Duke Global Health Institute)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 4, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke, RTI International Partner on Improved Global Sanitation (Aug 28, 2017)
- Windheim, Tasso von, Kristin H. Gilchrist, Charles B. Parker, Stephen Hall, James B. Carlson, David Stokes, Nicholas G. Baldasaro, et al. “Proof-of-Concept Vacuum Microelectronic NOR Gate Fabricated Using Microelectromechanical Systems and Carbon Nanotube Field Emitters.” Micromachines 14, no. 5 (April 2023): 973. https://doi.org/10.3390/mi14050973.
- Welling, Claire M., David R. Singleton, Steven B. Haase, Christian H. Browning, Brian R. Stoner, Claudia K. Gunsch, and Sonia Grego. “Predictive values of time-dense SARS-CoV-2 wastewater analysis in university campus buildings.” The Science of the Total Environment 835 (August 2022): 155401. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.155401.
- Grego, Sonia, Claire M. Welling, Graham H. Miller, Peter F. Coggan, Katelyn L. Sellgren, Brian T. Hawkins, Geoffrey S. Ginsburg, Jose R. Ruiz, Deborah A. Fisher, and Brian R. Stoner. “A hands-free stool sampling system for monitoring intestinal health and disease.” Scientific Reports 12, no. 1 (June 2022): 10859. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-14803-9.
- Mercer, Edwina, Shane P. Usher, Ewan J. McAdam, Brian Stoner, and Yadira Bajón-Fernández. “Rheological characterisation of synthetic and fresh faeces to inform on solids management strategies for non-sewered sanitation systems.” Journal of Environmental Management 300 (December 2021): 113730. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.113730.
- Mercer, Edwina, Shane P. Usher, Ewan J. McAdam, Brian Stoner, and Yadira Bajón-Fernández. “On the compressional rheology of fresh faeces: Evidence for improving community scale sanitation through localised dewatering.” Water Research 204 (October 2021): 117526. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2021.117526.