Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Research Professor of Global Health
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 1993
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
In the News
- Reclaiming Water from Waste (Sep 23, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Toilet Paper Sabotage Isn't Stopping Progress on Project to 'Reinvent the Toilet' (Feb 17, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke-Designed Toilets to Debut In Two Indian Cities (Nov 19, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Automated Feminine Hygiene Disposal for Developing Communities (Nov 8, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Reinventing the Toilet (Nov 5, 2018 | Duke Stories)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 25, 2018 | Duke Global Health Institute)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 4, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke, RTI International Partner on Improved Global Sanitation (Aug 28, 2017)
- Welling, Claire M., David R. Singleton, Steven B. Haase, Christian H. Browning, Brian R. Stoner, Claudia K. Gunsch, and Sonia Grego. “Predictive values of time-dense SARS-CoV-2 wastewater analysis in university campus buildings. (Accepted)” The Science of the Total Environment 835 (August 2022): 155401. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.155401.
- Mercer, Edwina, Shane P. Usher, Ewan J. McAdam, Brian Stoner, and Yadira Bajón-Fernández. “Rheological characterisation of synthetic and fresh faeces to inform on solids management strategies for non-sewered sanitation systems.” Journal of Environmental Management 300 (December 2021): 113730. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.113730.
- Mercer, Edwina, Shane P. Usher, Ewan J. McAdam, Brian Stoner, and Yadira Bajón-Fernández. “On the compressional rheology of fresh faeces: Evidence for improving community scale sanitation through localised dewatering.” Water Research 204 (October 2021): 117526. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2021.117526.
- Piacentino, Elettra L., Rafael Bento Serpa, Kathleen L. Horvath, Raul Vyas, Tanouir Aloui, Charles B. Parker, James B. Carlson, et al. “The Long Neglected Cycloidal Mass Analyzer.” Analytical Chemistry 93, no. 33 (August 9, 2021): 11357–63. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.analchem.1c02001.
- Sasidaran, S., P. Kachoria, A. Raj, S. Ramalingam, B. R. Stoner, K. L. Sellgren, and S. Grego. “Physical properties of menstrual hygiene waste as feedstock for onsite disposal technologies.” Journal of Water Sanitation and Hygiene for Development 11, no. 3 (May 1, 2021): 474–82. https://doi.org/10.2166/washdev.2021.262.