Brian R. Stoner
Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Research Professor of Global Health
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 1993
- ECE 291: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
In the News
- Duke-Designed Toilets to Debut In Two Indian Cities (Nov 19, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Automated Feminine Hygiene Disposal for Developing Communities (Nov 8, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Reinventing the Toilet (Nov 5, 2018 | Duke Stories)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 25, 2018 | Duke Global Health Institute)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 4, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke, RTI International Partner on Improved Global Sanitation (Aug 28, 2017)
- Dryzer, MH; Niven, C; Wolter, SD; Arena, CB; Ngaboyamahina, E; Parker, CB; Stoner, BR, Electropermeabilization of nematode eggs for parasite deactivation, Journal of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene for Development : a Journal of the International Water Association, vol 9 no. 1 (2019), pp. 49-55 [10.2166/washdev.2019.100] [abs].
- Hawkins, BT; Sellgren, KL; Cellini, E; J D Klem, E; Rogers, T; Lynch, BJ; Piascik, JR; Stoner, BR, Remediation of suspended solids and turbidity by improved settling tank design in a small-scale, free-standing toilet system using recycled blackwater., Water and Environment Journal, vol 33 no. 1 (2019), pp. 61-66 [10.1111/wej.12369] [abs].
- Amsden, JJ; Herr, PJ; Vyas, R; Horvath, K; Kirley, MP; Li, X; Parker, CB; Keil, AD; Carlson, JB; Edwards, SJ; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT, Prototype coded aperture miniature mass spectrometer for environmental sensing, Aqm 2019 Air Quality Measurement Methods and Technology Conference 2019 (2019) [abs].
- Trotochaud, L; Hawkins, BT; Stoner, BR, Non-biological methods for phosphorus and nitrogen removal from wastewater: A gap analysis of reinvented-toilet technologies with respect to ISO 30500, Gates Open Research, vol 3 (2019) [10.12688/gatesopenres.12899.1] [abs].
- Raut, AS; Parker, CB; Klem, EJD; Stoner, BR; Deshusses, MA; Glass, JT, Reduction in energy for electrochemical disinfection of E. coli in urine simulant., Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol 49 no. 5 (2019), pp. 443-453 [10.1007/s10800-019-01292-4] [abs].