Brian R. Stoner
Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Research Professor of Global Health
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 1993
- ECE 291: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
In the News
- Reclaiming Water from Waste (Sep 23, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Toilet Paper Sabotage Isn't Stopping Progress on Project to 'Reinvent the Toilet' (Feb 17, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke-Designed Toilets to Debut In Two Indian Cities (Nov 19, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Automated Feminine Hygiene Disposal for Developing Communities (Nov 8, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Reinventing the Toilet (Nov 5, 2018 | Duke Stories)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 25, 2018 | Duke Global Health Institute)
- Duke's Community-Based Toilet System Begins Testing in India (Apr 4, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke, RTI International Partner on Improved Global Sanitation (Aug 28, 2017)
- Mercer, E; Usher, SP; McAdam, EJ; Stoner, B; Bajón-Fernández, Y, Rheological characterisation of synthetic and fresh faeces to inform on solids management strategies for non-sewered sanitation systems, Journal of Environmental Management, vol 300 (2021) [10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.113730] [abs].
- Mercer, E; Usher, SP; McAdam, EJ; Stoner, B; Bajón-Fernández, Y, On the compressional rheology of fresh faeces: Evidence for improving community scale sanitation through localised dewatering, Water Research, vol 204 (2021) [10.1016/j.watres.2021.117526] [abs].
- Piacentino, EL; Serpa, RB; Horvath, KL; Vyas, R; Aloui, T; Parker, CB; Carlson, JB; Keogh, J; Sperline, RP; Sartorelli, ML; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Denton, MB; Amsden, JJ, The Long Neglected Cycloidal Mass Analyzer., Analytical Chemistry, vol 93 no. 33 (2021), pp. 11357-11363 [10.1021/acs.analchem.1c02001] [abs].
- Sellgren, KL; Makununika, B; Lynch, B; Septien, S; Velkushanova, K; Pocock, J; Stoner, M; Rogers, T; Piascik, J; Buckley, C; Stoner, B, Drying kinetics characteristics of human fecal matter for the development of onsite sanitation technologies, Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, vol 47 no. 1 (2021), pp. 120-130 [10.5276/JSWTM/2021.120] [abs].
- Vyas, R; Aloui, T; Horvath, K; Herr, PJ; Kirley, MP; Parker, CB; Keil, AD; Carlson, JB; Keogh, J; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Sartorelli, ML; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Amsden, JJ, Improving the Performance of a Cycloidal Coded-Aperture Miniature Mass Spectrometer., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 32 no. 2 (2021), pp. 509-518 [10.1021/jasms.0c00378] [abs].