Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor of Statistical Science
- Office Location: 140 Science Dr., 321 Gross Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 668-4042
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California - Berkeley, 2011
Information theory, high-dimensional statistical inference, statistical signal processing, compressed sensing, machine learning
- ECE 587: Information Theory
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- MATH 228L: Probability for Statistical Inference, Modeling, and Data Analysis
- STA 240L: Probability for Statistical Inference, Modeling, and Data Analysis
- STA 563: Information Theory
- STA 693: Research Independent Study
- STA 711: Probability and Measure Theory
In the News
- Meet the Newly Tenured Faculty of 2021 (Sep 21, 2021 | Office of Faculty Advancement)
- Modeling Traffic with Self-Driving Cars (Mar 2, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Van Den Boom, W., G. Reeves, and D. B. Dunson. “Erratum: Approximating posteriors with high-dimensional nuisance parameters via integrated rotated Gaussian approximation (Biometrika (2021) 108 (269-282) DOI: 10.1093/biomet/asaa068).” Biometrika 109, no. 1 (March 1, 2022): 275. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/asab019.
- Kipnis, A., and G. Reeves. “Gaussian Approximation of Quantization Error for Estimation from Compressed Data.” Ieee Transactions on Information Theory 67, no. 8 (August 1, 2021): 5562–79. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2021.3083271.
- VAN DEN Boom, W., G. Reeves, and D. B. Dunson. “Approximating posteriors with high-dimensional nuisance parameters via integrated rotated Gaussian approximation.” Biometrika 108, no. 2 (June 2021): 269–82. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/asaa068.
- Reeves, Galen. “A Two-Moment Inequality with Applications to Rényi Entropy and Mutual Information.” Entropy (Basel, Switzerland) 22, no. 11 (November 2020): E1244. https://doi.org/10.3390/e22111244.
- Barbier, J., and G. Reeves. “Information-theoretic limits of a multiview low-rank symmetric spiked matrix model.” In Ieee International Symposium on Information Theory Proceedings, 2020-June:2771–76, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISIT44484.2020.9173970.