Associate Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2008
My area of interest is in the application of computational and compressive techniques to improve spectroscopic instrument design. Spectroscopic measurements are a convolution of the instrument response and the desired spectrum. Conventional spectroscopic instruments are designed such that the instrument response is a delta function and the measurements are essentially the desired spectrum. However, this design approach can limit the spectrometer performance. I use a different approach by designing the system response to maximize parameters of interest such as throughput and resolution, and then computationally deconvolve the system response from the measurements to achieve a spectrum – thus improving instrument performance.
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- Vyas, R; Aloui, T; Horvath, K; Herr, PJ; Kirley, MP; Parker, CB; Keil, AD; Carlson, JB; Keogh, J; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Sartorelli, ML; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Amsden, JJ, Improving the Performance of a Cycloidal Coded-Aperture Miniature Mass Spectrometer., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 32 no. 2 (2021), pp. 509-518 [10.1021/jasms.0c00378] [abs].
- Vyas, R; Herr, PJ; Aloui, T; Horvath, K; Kirley, MP; Parker, CB; Keil, AD; Carlson, JB; Keogh, J; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Sartorelli, ML; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Amsden, JJ, Comparison of thermionic filament and carbon nanotube field emitter-based electron ionization sources in cycloidal coded aperture mass analyzers, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol 457 (2020) [10.1016/j.ijms.2020.116415] [abs].
- DiDona, S; Russell, Z; Amsden, J; Parker, C; Glass, J; Gehm, M, A novel sector mass spectrograph design for high-order coded aperture Mass Spectrometry with stigmatic aberration correction, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol 455 (2020) [10.1016/j.ijms.2020.116374] [abs].
- Aloui, T; Kirley, MP; Vick, E; Hilton, A; Colon, P; Kim, W; Parker, CB; Amsden, JJ; Glass, JT; Gilchrist, KH, High current density electron emission from an electrodeposited metal nanowire array, Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, Nanotechnology and Microelectronics: Materials, Processing, Measurement, and Phenomena, vol 38 no. 4 (2020) [10.1116/6.0000135] [abs].
- Amsden, JJ; Herr, PJ; Vyas, R; Horvath, K; Kirley, MP; Li, X; Parker, CB; Keil, AD; Carlson, JB; Edwards, SJ; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT, Prototype coded aperture miniature mass spectrometer for environmental sensing, Aqm 2019 Air Quality Measurement Methods and Technology Conference 2019 (2019) [abs].