Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2008
My area of interest is in the application of computational and compressive techniques to improve spectroscopic instrument design. Spectroscopic measurements are a convolution of the instrument response and the desired spectrum. Conventional spectroscopic instruments are designed such that the instrument response is a delta function and the measurements are essentially the desired spectrum. However, this design approach can limit the spectrometer performance. I use a different approach by designing the system response to maximize parameters of interest such as throughput and resolution, and then computationally deconvolve the system response from the measurements to achieve a spectrum – thus improving instrument performance.
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- Amsden, JJ; Herr, PJ; Landry, DMW; Kim, W; Vyas, R; Parker, CB; Kirley, MP; Keil, AD; Gilchrist, KH; Radauscher, EJ; Hall, SD; Carlson, JB; Baldasaro, N; Stokes, D; Di Dona, ST; Russell, ZE; Grego, S; Edwards, SJ; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT, Proof of Concept Coded Aperture Miniature Mass Spectrometer Using a Cycloidal Sector Mass Analyzer, a Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Field Emission Electron Ionization Source, and an Array Detector., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 29 no. 2 (2018), pp. 360-372 [10.1007/s13361-017-1820-y] [abs].
- Landry, DMW; Kim, W; Amsden, JJ; Di Dona, ST; Choi, H; Haley, L; Russell, ZE; Parker, CB; Glass, JT; Gehm, ME, Effects of Magnetic and Electric Field Uniformity on Coded Aperture Imaging Quality in a Cycloidal Mass Analyzer., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 29 no. 2 (2018), pp. 352-359 [10.1007/s13361-017-1827-4] [abs].
- Radauscher, EJ; Parker, CB; Gilchrist, KH; Di Dona, S; Russell, ZE; Hall, SD; Carlson, JB; Grego, S; Edwards, SJ; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Stoner, BR; Glass, JT; Amsden, JJ, A miniature electron ionization source fabricated using microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) with integrated carbon nanotube (CNT) field emission cathodes and low-temperature co-fired ceramics (LTCC), International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol 422 (2017), pp. 162-169 [10.1016/j.ijms.2016.10.021] [abs].
- Kim, JY; Kim, J; Amsden, JJ; Roh, J; Park, I; Yoon, DY; Kim, H; Lee, CH, Temperature Dependence and Impedance Characteristics of Hybrid Solar Cells Based on Poly(phenylene vinylene): ZnO Nanoparticles with Added Surfactants, Ieee Journal of Photovoltaics, vol 7 no. 4 (2017), pp. 1031-1035 [10.1109/JPHOTOV.2017.2690862] [abs].
- Amsden, JJ; Gehm, ME; Russell, ZE; Chen, EX; Di Dona, ST; Wolter, SD; Danell, RM; Kibelka, G; Parker, CB; Stoner, BR; Brady, DJ; Glass, JT, Coded Apertures in Mass Spectrometry., Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry (Palo Alto, Calif.), vol 10 no. 1 (2017), pp. 141-156 [10.1146/annurev-anchem-061516-045256] [abs].