Arthur S. Pearse Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
Data science, data mining, databases, information retrieval, computational statistics, applied machine learning and AI.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Arthur S. Pearse Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Simon Fraser University, 2002
- CBB 526: Data Science
- CBB 590: Special Topics in Computational Biology
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 526: Data Science
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 583: Data Science
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
In the News
- Duke Effort Aims to End Bottlenecks Preventing Secondary Use of Big Data (Jul 25, 2023 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke Awards 44 Distinguished Professorships (May 4, 2023 | Duke Today)
- Spring Books from Duke Authors from Wittgenstein to Capoeira (Feb 14, 2023 | Duke Today)
- Data, Data Everywhere: Jian Pei on Equity and Efficiency in Data Science (Oct 29, 2022 | Department of Computer Science)
- Wu, L., J. Pei, J. Tang, Y. Xia, and X. Guo. “Deep Learning on Graphs: Methods and Applications (DLG-KDD2023).” In Proceedings of the Acm Sigkdd International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 5891–92, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1145/3580305.3599207.
- Wu, L., P. Cui, J. Pei, L. Zhao, and X. Guo. “Graph Neural Networks: Foundation, Frontiers and Applications.” In Proceedings of the Acm Sigkdd International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 5831–32, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1145/3580305.3599560.
- Liu, C., Z. Zhou, J. Pei, Y. Zhang, and Y. Shi. “Decentralized Composite Optimization in Stochastic Networks: A Dual Averaging Approach with Linear Convergence.” Ieee Transactions on Automatic Control 68, no. 8 (August 1, 2023): 4650–65. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2022.3209951.
- Wu, S., R. Zhao, Y. Zheng, J. Pei, and B. Liu. “Identify Event Causality with Knowledge and Analogy.” In Proceedings of the 37th Aaai Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Aaai 2023, 37:13745–53, 2023.
- Xu, Z., L. Shou, J. Pei, M. Gong, Q. Su, X. Quan, and D. Jiang. “A Graph Fusion Approach for Cross-Lingual Machine Reading Comprehension.” In Proceedings of the 37th Aaai Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Aaai 2023, 37:13861–68, 2023.