Professor of Computer Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Simon Fraser University, 2002
- CBB 526: Data Science
- CBB 590: Special Topics in Computational Biology
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 526: Data Science
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
In the News
- Spring Books from Duke Authors from Wittgenstein to Capoeira (Feb 14, 2023 | Duke Today)
- Data, Data Everywhere: Jian Pei on Equity and Efficiency in Data Science (Oct 29, 2022 | Department of Computer Science)
- Zhang, Z., P. Cui, J. Pei, X. Wang, and W. Zhu. “Eigen-GNN: A Graph Structure Preserving Plug-in for GNNs.” Ieee Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 35, no. 3 (March 1, 2023): 2544–55. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2021.3112746.
- Zhou, Ce, Qian Li, Chen Li, Jun Yu, Yixin Liu, Guangjing Wang, Kai Zhang, et al. “A Comprehensive Survey on Pretrained Foundation Models: A History from BERT to ChatGPT,” February 18, 2023.
- Jiang, H., J. Pei, D. Yu, J. Yu, B. Gong, and X. Cheng. “Applications of Differential Privacy in Social Network Analysis: A Survey.” Ieee Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 35, no. 1 (January 1, 2023): 108–27. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2021.3073062.
- Shi, H., M. A. Tayebi, J. Pei, and J. Cao. “Cost-Sensitive Learning for Medical Insurance Fraud Detection with Temporal Information.” Ieee Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, January 1, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2023.3240431.
- Kang, J., S. Zhang, B. Li, J. He, J. Pei, and D. Zhou. “TrustLOG: The First Workshop on Trustworthy Learning on Graphs.” In International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, Proceedings, 5169–70, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1145/3511808.3557497.