Michael Eric Gehm
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: CIEMAS 3463, Fitzpatrick Center, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5544
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2003
- M.S. Duke University, 1998
- B.S. Washington University in St. Louis, 1992
Primarily computational and compressive sensing and measurement in all modalities (with special emphasis in Electromagnetic/Optical from RF to x-ray and all forms of Mass spectrometry), with side interests in optical physics, high-performance x-ray simulation, and rapid-prototyping as a means of creating advanced electromagnetic structures
- ECE 270DL: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation
- ECE 270L9: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation (Lab)
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
In the News
- Duke to Lead $5.83 Million DHS Project to Reinvent Airport Screening (Dec 10, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- The Way This Image Is Created Sounds Like Magic (Sep 27, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Li, X; Greenberg, JA; Gehm, ME, Single-shot multispectral imaging through a thin scatterer, Optica, vol 6 no. 7 (2019), pp. 864-871 [10.1364/OPTICA.6.000864] [abs].
- Gong, Q; Greenberg, JA; Stoian, RI; Coccarelli, D; Vera, E; Gehm, ME, Rapid simulation of X-ray scatter measurements for threat detection via GPU-based ray-tracing, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions With Materials and Atoms, vol 449 (2019), pp. 86-93 [10.1016/j.nimb.2019.03.006] [abs].
- Zhang, J; Tuo, M; Liang, M; Ng, WR; Gehm, ME; Xin, H, Terahertz radiation of a butterfly-shaped photoconductive antenna(invited), Infrared and Laser Engineering, vol 48 no. 4 (2019) [10.3788/IRLA201948.0402001] [abs].
- Rossman, AH; Catenacci, M; Zhao, C; Sikaria, D; Knudsen, JE; Dawes, D; Gehm, ME; Samei, E; Wiley, BJ; Lo, JY, Three-dimensionally-printed anthropomorphic physical phantom for mammography and digital breast tomosynthesis with custom materials, lesions, and uniform quality control region., Journal of Medical Imaging (Bellingham, Wash.), vol 6 no. 2 (2019) [10.1117/1.JMI.6.2.021604] [abs].
- Pegues, H; Knudsen, J; Tong, H; Gehm, ME; Wiley, BJ; Samei, E; Lo, JY, Using inkjet 3D printing to create contrast-enhanced textured physical phantoms for CT, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 10948 (2019) [10.1117/12.2512890] [abs].