Michael Eric Gehm
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: CIEMAS 3463, Fitzpatrick Center, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5544
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2003
- M.S. Duke University, 1998
- B.S. Washington University, 1992
Primarily computational and compressive sensing and measurement in all modalities (with special emphasis in Electromagnetic/Optical from RF to x-ray and all forms of Mass spectrometry), with side interests in optical physics, high-performance x-ray simulation, and rapid-prototyping as a means of creating advanced electromagnetic structures
- ECE 270DL: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation
- ECE 270L9: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation (Lab)
- ECE 270L: Introduction to Electromagnetic Fields
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
In the News
- Duke to Lead $5.83 Million DHS Project to Reinvent Airport Screening (Dec 10, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- The Way This Image Is Created Sounds Like Magic (Sep 27, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Rossman, AH; Catenacci, M; Zhao, C; Sikaria, D; Knudsen, JE; Dawes, D; Gehm, ME; Samei, E; Wiley, BJ; Lo, JY, Three-dimensionally-printed anthropomorphic physical phantom for mammography and digital breast tomosynthesis with custom materials, lesions, and uniform quality control region., Journal of Medical Imaging (Bellingham, Wash.), vol 6 no. 2 (2019) [10.1117/1.jmi.6.2.021604] [abs].
- Alenin, AS; Bashar, F; Gehm, ME; Tyo, JS, Multi-carrier channeled polarimetry for photoelastic modulator systems., Optics Letters, vol 43 no. 23 (2018), pp. 5789-5792 [10.1364/ol.43.005789] [abs].
- Li, X; Stevens, A; Greenberg, JA; Gehm, ME, Single-shot memory-effect video., Scientific Reports, vol 8 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41598-018-31697-8] [abs].
- Landry, DMW; Kim, W; Amsden, JJ; Di Dona, ST; Choi, H; Haley, L; Russell, ZE; Parker, CB; Glass, JT; Gehm, ME, Effects of Magnetic and Electric Field Uniformity on Coded Aperture Imaging Quality in a Cycloidal Mass Analyzer, Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 29 no. 2 (2018), pp. 352-359 [10.1007/s13361-017-1827-4] [abs].
- Amsden, JJ; Herr, PJ; Landry, DMW; Kim, W; Vyas, R; Parker, CB; Kirley, MP; Keil, AD; Gilchrist, KH; Radauscher, EJ; Hall, SD; Carlson, JB; Baldasaro, N; Stokes, D; Di Dona, ST; Russell, ZE; Grego, S; Edwards, SJ; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT, Proof of Concept Coded Aperture Miniature Mass Spectrometer Using a Cycloidal Sector Mass Analyzer, a Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Field Emission Electron Ionization Source, and an Array Detector., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 29 no. 2 (2018), pp. 360-372 [10.1007/s13361-017-1820-y] [abs].