Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member of Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 668-0647
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Technical University of Denmark (Denmark), 2011
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- IDS 793: Independent Study
In the News
- Duke Researchers Look to Help Protect Astronaut's Eyes in Space (Sep 14, 2020 | Precision Medicine)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Dow, Eliot R., Hyeon Ki Jeong, Ella Arnon Katz, Cynthia A. Toth, Dong Wang, Terry Lee, David Kuo, et al. “A Deep-Learning Algorithm to Predict Short-Term Progression to Geographic Atrophy on Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography.” JAMA Ophthalmol 141, no. 11 (November 1, 2023): 1052–61. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2023.4659.
- Mallya, Pratheek, Laura M. Stevens, Juan Zhao, Chuan Hong, Ricardo Henao, Nicoleta Economou-Zavlanos, Daniel M. Wojdyla, et al. “Facilitating Harmonization of Variables in Framingham, MESA, ARIC, and REGARDS Studies Through a Metadata Repository.” Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 16, no. 11 (November 2023): e009938. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.123.009938.
- Pavon, Juliessa M., Laura Previll, Myung Woo, Ricardo Henao, Mary Solomon, Ursula Rogers, Andrew Olson, et al. “Machine learning functional impairment classification with electronic health record data.” J Am Geriatr Soc 71, no. 9 (September 2023): 2822–33. https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.18383.
- Dov, David, Danielle Elliott Range, Jonathan Cohen, Jonathan Bell, Daniel J. Rocke, Russel R. Kahmke, Ahuva Weiss-Meilik, et al. “Deep-Learning-Based Screening and Ancillary Testing for Thyroid Cytopathology.” Am J Pathol 193, no. 9 (September 2023): 1185–94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajpath.2023.05.011.
- Kong, F., Y. Li, H. Nassif, T. Fiez, R. Henao, and S. Chakrabarti. “Neural Insights for Digital Marketing Content Design.” In Proceedings of the ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 4320–32, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1145/3580305.3599875.