Assistant Professor in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member of Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 668-0647
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Technical University of Denmark (Denmark), 2011
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- EGR 590: Special Topics in Engineering
- POE 190: Practice Oriented Education
In the News
- Duke Researchers Look to Help Protect Astronaut's Eyes in Space (Sep 14, 2020 | Precision Medicine)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Draelos, RL; Dov, D; Mazurowski, MA; Lo, JY; Henao, R; Rubin, GD; Carin, L, Machine-Learning-Based Multiple Abnormality Prediction with Large-Scale Chest Computed Tomography Volumes, Medical Image Analysis (2020), pp. 101857-101857 [10.1016/j.media.2020.101857] [abs].
- Dov, D; Kovalsky, SZ; Assaad, S; Cohen, J; Range, DE; Pendse, AA; Henao, R; Carin, L, Weakly supervised instance learning for thyroid malignancy prediction from whole slide cytopathology images., Med Image Anal, vol 67 (2020) [10.1016/j.media.2020.101814] [abs].
- Liu, Y; Tsalik, EL; Jiang, Y; Ko, ER; Woods, CW; Henao, R; Evans, SR, Average Weighted Accuracy: Pragmatic Analysis for a Rapid Diagnostics in Categorizing Acute Lung Infections (RADICAL) Study., Clinical Infectious Diseases : an Official Publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, vol 70 no. 12 (2020), pp. 2736-2742 [10.1093/cid/ciz437] [abs].
- Elliott Range, DD; Dov, D; Kovalsky, SZ; Henao, R; Carin, L; Cohen, J, Application of a machine learning algorithm to predict malignancy in thyroid cytopathology., Cancer Cytopathol, vol 128 no. 4 (2020), pp. 287-295 [10.1002/cncy.22238] [abs].
- Xiu, Z; Tao, C; University, D; Henao, R, Variational learning of individual survival distributions, Acm Chil 2020 Proceedings of the 2020 Acm Conference on Health, Inference, and Learning (2020), pp. 10-18 [10.1145/3368555.3384454] [abs].