Assistant Professor in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member of Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 2400 Pratt Street, 8044 North Pavilion, Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (919) 668-0647
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Technical University of Denmark (Denmark), 2011
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- POE 190: Practice Oriented Education
In the News
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Benitez, M; Tian, J; Kelly, M; Selvakumaran, V; Phelan, M; Mazurowski, M; Lo, JY; Rubin, GD; Henao, R, Combining deep learning methods and human knowledge to identify abnormalities in computed tomography (CT) reports, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 10950 (2019) [10.1117/12.2512886] [abs].
- Han, S; Tian, J; Kelly, M; Selvakumaran, V; Henao, R; Rubin, GD; Lo, JY, Classifying abnormalities in computed tomography radiology reports with rule-based and natural language processing models, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 10950 (2019) [10.1117/12.2513577] [abs].
- Liu, Y; Fu, W; Selvakumaran, V; Phelan, M; Segars, WP; Samei, E; Mazurowski, M; Lo, JY; Rubin, GD; Henao, R, Deep learning of 3D computed tomography (CT) images for organ segmentation using 2D multi-channel SegNet model, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 10954 (2019) [10.1117/12.2512887] [abs].
- Limkakeng, AT; Henao, R; Voora, D; O'Connell, T; Griffin, M; Tsalik, EL; Shah, S; Woods, CW; Ginsburg, GS, Pilot study of myocardial ischemia-induced metabolomic changes in emergency department patients undergoing stress testing., Plos One, vol 14 no. 2 (2019) [10.1371/journal.pone.0211762] [abs].
- Lydon, EC; Bullard, C; Aydin, M; Better, OM; Mazur, A; Nicholson, BP; Ko, ER; McClain, MT; Ginsburg, GS; Woods, CW; Burke, TW; Henao, R; Tsalik, EL, A host gene expression approach for identifying triggers of asthma exacerbations., Plos One, vol 14 no. 4 (2019) [10.1371/journal.pone.0214871] [abs].