Associate Professor in Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member of Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 668-0647
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Technical University of Denmark (Denmark), 2011
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- IDS 793: Independent Study
In the News
- Duke Researchers Look to Help Protect Astronaut's Eyes in Space (Sep 14, 2020 | Precision Medicine)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Jeong, Hyeon Ki, Christine Park, Ricardo Henao, and Meenal Kheterpal. “Deep Learning in Dermatology: A Systematic Review of Current Approaches, Outcomes, and Limitations.” Jid Innovations 3, no. 1 (January 2023): 100150–100150. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xjidi.2022.100150.
- Moris, Dimitrios, Ricardo Henao, Hannah Hensman, Linda Stempora, Scott Chasse, Seth Schobel, Christopher J. Dente, Allan D. Kirk, and Eric Elster. “Multidimensional machine learning models predicting outcomes after trauma.” Surgery 172, no. 6 (December 2022): 1851–59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2022.08.007.
- Yang, Tianqi, and Ricardo Henao. “TAMC: A deep-learning approach to predict motif-centric transcriptional factor binding activity based on ATAC-seq profile.” Plos Comput Biol 18, no. 9 (September 2022): e1009921. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1009921.
- Eckhoff, Austin M., Ashton A. Connor, Julie K. M. Thacker, Dan G. Blazer, Harvey G. Moore, Randall P. Scheri, Sandhya A. Lagoo-Deenadayalan, et al. “A Multidimensional Bioinformatic Platform for the Study of Human Response to Surgery.” Ann Surg 275, no. 6 (June 1, 2022): 1094–1102. https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000005429.
- Park, C., H. K. Jeong, R. Henao, and M. Kheterpal. “Current Landscape of Generative Adversarial Networks for Facial Deidentification in Dermatology: Systematic Review and Evaluation.” Jmir Dermatology 5, no. 2 (May 1, 2022). https://doi.org/10.2196/35497.