Assistant Professor in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member of Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 668-0647
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Technical University of Denmark (Denmark), 2011
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- EGR 590: Special Topics in Engineering
- POE 190: Practice Oriented Education
In the News
- Duke Researchers Look to Help Protect Astronaut's Eyes in Space (Sep 14, 2020 | Precision Medicine)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Dov, D; Kovalsky, SZ; Assaad, S; Cohen, J; Range, DE; Pendse, AA; Henao, R; Carin, L, Weakly supervised instance learning for thyroid malignancy prediction from whole slide cytopathology images., Med Image Anal, vol 67 (2021) [10.1016/j.media.2020.101814] [abs].
- Draelos, RL; Dov, D; Mazurowski, MA; Lo, JY; Henao, R; Rubin, GD; Carin, L, Machine-learning-based multiple abnormality prediction with large-scale chest computed tomography volumes., Med Image Anal, vol 67 (2021) [10.1016/j.media.2020.101857] [abs].
- Wisely, CE; Wang, D; Henao, R; Grewal, DS; Thompson, AC; Robbins, CB; Yoon, SP; Soundararajan, S; Polascik, BW; Burke, JR; Liu, A; Carin, L; Fekrat, S, Convolutional neural network to identify symptomatic Alzheimer's disease using multimodal retinal imaging., British Journal of Ophthalmology (2020) [10.1136/bjophthalmol-2020-317659] [abs].
- Chapfuwa, P; Tao, C; Li, C; Khan, I; Chandross, KJ; Pencina, MJ; Carin, L; Henao, R, Calibration and Uncertainty in Neural Time-to-Event Modeling., Ieee Trans Neural Netw Learn Syst, vol PP (2020) [10.1109/TNNLS.2020.3029631] [abs].
- McClain, MT; Constantine, FJ; Nicholson, BP; Nichols, M; Burke, TW; Henao, R; Jones, DC; Hudson, LL; Jaggers, LB; Veldman, T; Mazur, A; Park, LP; Suchindran, S; Tsalik, EL; Ginsburg, GS; Woods, CW, A blood-based host gene expression assay for early detection of respiratory viral infection: an index-cluster prospective cohort study., The Lancet. Infectious Diseases (2020) [10.1016/S1473-3099(20)30486-2] [abs].