Stacy L. Tantum
Bell-Rhodes Associate Professor of the Practice of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Stacy Tantum received the B.S.E.E. degree in Electrical Engineering and Economics from Tufts University, Medford, MA, in 1994, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering, both from Duke University, Durham, NC, in 1996 and 1998, respectively. She was a Summer Research Assistant at SACLANT Undersea Research Center in La Spezia, Italy in 1996.
Her current research interests include statistical signal processing with application to remote sensing and ocean acoustics.
Dr. Tantum is a member of the Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, and Sigma Xi honor societies.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Bell-Rhodes Associate Professor of the Practice of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor of the Practice in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 3579 Fitzpatrick CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5239
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1998
- M.S. Duke University, 1996
- B.S.E.E. Tufts University, 1994
Signal detection and estimation theory, statistical signal processing, pattern recognition and machine learning, remote sensing, matched-field processing, and ocean acoustics
- ECE 110L9: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Lab
- ECE 110L: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 480: Applied Probability for Statistical Learning
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 580: Introduction to Machine Learning
- ECE 681: Pattern Classification and Recognition Technology
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 190L: Special Topics in Engineering with Lab Component
- EGR 238L: Fundamentals of Data Analysis and Decision Science
- MATH 190L: Special Topics in Mathematics
- MATH 238L: Fundamentals of Data Analysis and Decision Science
- Czarnek, N; Morton, K; Collins, L; Tantum, S; Throckmorton, C, The impact of time on seizure prediction performance in the FSPEEG database., Epilepsy Behav, vol 48 (2015), pp. 79-82 [10.1016/j.yebeh.2015.04.058] [abs].
- Knox, M; Tantum, S; Collins, L, Target detection and identification using synthetic aperture acoustics, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 9072 (2014) [10.1117/12.2050390] [abs].
- Tantum, SL; Colwell, KA; Scott, WR; Torrione, PA; Collins, LM; Morton, KD, Sparse model inversion and processing of spatial frequency-domain electromagnetic induction sensor array data for improved landmine discrimination, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 8709 (2013) [10.1117/12.2016063] [abs].
- Tantum, SL; Scott, WR; Morton, KD; Collins, LM; Torrione, PA, Target classification and identification using sparse model representations of frequency-domain electromagnetic induction sensor data, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol 51 no. 5 (2013), pp. 2689-2706 [10.1109/TGRS.2012.2215876] [abs].
- Tantum, SL; Morton, KD; Collins, LM; Torrione, PA, Investigation of the effects of operator technique on handheld sensor data for landmine detection, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 8357 (2012) [10.1117/12.919427] [abs].