Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- B.S. Tsinghua University (China), 2014
- M.S. Columbia University, 2018
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 2020
Wireless networking, next-generation wireless and optical networks, edge cloud and computing, Internet-of-Things (IoT), mobile and embedded systems, platforms and testbeds
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Highest Scoring Paper. ECOC'23. 2023
- Top-Scored Paper. IEEE/Optica OFC'23. 2023
- Eli Jury Award. Columbia University. 2021
- IBM Academic Award. IBM. 2021
- Google Research Scholar Award. Google. 2021
- Morton B. Friedman Memorial Prize for Excellence. Columbia Engineering. 2021
- ACM SIGMOBILE Doctoral Dissertation Award, Runner-up. ACM SIGMOBILE. 2021
- Best Paper Finalist. ACM MobiHoc'19. 2019
- Student Research Competition (SRC) Winner – First Place. ACM MobiCom'19. 2019
- Facebook Fellowship. Facebook. 2019
- Oscar and Verna Byron Fellowship. Columbia University Engineering School. 2018
- Best Paper Award. ACM CoNEXT'16. 2016
- Edwin Howard Armstrong Memorial Award. Columbia University. 2015
- Wei Family Private Foundation Fellowship. Wei Family Private Foundation. 2014
- COMPSCI 390: Topics in Computer Science
- COMPSCI 515: Wireless Networking and Mobile Computing
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 556: Wireless Networking and Mobile Computing
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
In the News
- COSMOS comes to Duke and Durham (May 1, 2023 | Duke Pratt School of Engineering)
- Bridging the Computation-Communication Gap in Future Connectivity Systems (Jan 18, 2023 | Duke Pratt School of Engineering)
- Pratt New Faculty: Tingjun Chen Is Connecting Tomorrow’s Wireless World (Oct 13, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Gao, Z., Y. Chen, and T. Chen. “Swirls: Sniffing Wi-Fi Using Radios with Low Sampling Rates.” In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc), 260–69, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1145/3565287.3610279.
- Promponas, P., T. Chen, and L. Tassiulas. “Optimizing Sectorized Wireless Networks: Model, Analysis, and Algorithm.” In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc), 141–50, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1145/3565287.3610272.
- Qi, Z., Z. Gao, C. H. Tung, and T. Chen. “Programmable Millimeter-Wave MIMO Radios with Real-Time Baseband Processing.” In ACM WiNTECH 2023 - Proceedings of the 2023 17th ACM Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation and Characterization, Part of MobiCom 2023, 17–24, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1145/3615453.3616521.
- Chen, T., P. Maddala, P. Skrimponis, J. Kolodziejski, A. Adhikari, H. Hu, Z. Gao, et al. “Open-access millimeter-wave software-defined radios in the PAWR COSMOS testbed: Design, deployment, and experimentation.” Computer Networks 234 (October 1, 2023). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2023.109922.
- Wang, Z., D. C. Kilper, and T. Chen. “Open EDFA gain spectrum dataset and its applications in data-driven EDFA gain modeling.” Journal of Optical Communications and Networking 15, no. 9 (September 1, 2023): 588–99. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOCN.491901.