Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Chen’s research focuses on improving data rates employing emerging physical-layer technologies and achieving the highest possible data rates for ultra-low-power IoT devices.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 2020
- M.S. Columbia University, 2018
- B.S. Tsinghua University (China), 2014
Wireless networking, next-generation wireless and optical networks, edge cloud and computing, Internet-of-Things (IoT), mobile and embedded systems, platforms and testbeds
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- ACM SIGMOBILE Doctoral Dissertation Award, Runner-up. ACM SIGMOBILE. 2021
- Eli Jury Award. Columbia University. 2021
- Google Research Scholar Award. Google. 2021
- IBM Academic Award. IBM. 2021
- Morton B. Friedman Memorial Prize for Excellence. Columbia Engineering. 2021
- Best Paper Finalist. ACM MobiHoc'19. 2019
- Facebook Fellowship. Facebook. 2019
- Student Research Competition (SRC) Winner – First Place. ACM MobiCom'19. 2019
- Oscar and Verna Byron Fellowship. Columbia University Engineering School. 2018
- Best Paper Award. ACM CoNEXT'16. 2016
- Edwin Howard Armstrong Memorial Award. Columbia University. 2015
- Wei Family Private Foundation Fellowship. Wei Family Private Foundation. 2014
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
In the News
- Pratt New Faculty: Tingjun Chen Is Connecting Tomorrow’s Wireless World (Oct 13, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Chen, T; Dastjerdi, MB; Krishnaswamy, H; Zussman, G, Wideband Full-Duplex Phased Array with Joint Transmit and Receive Beamforming: Optimization and Rate Gains, Ieee/Acm Transactions on Networking, vol 29 no. 4 (2021), pp. 1591-1604 [10.1109/TNET.2021.3069125] [abs].
- Du, J; Chizhik, D; Valenzuela, RA; Feick, R; Castro, G; Rodriguez, M; Chen, T; Kohli, M; Zussman, G, Directional Measurements in Urban Street Canyons from Macro Rooftop Sites at 28 GHz for 90% Outdoor Coverage, Ieee Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol 69 no. 6 (2021), pp. 3459-3469 [10.1109/TAP.2020.3044398] [abs].
- Nagulu, A; Gaonkar, A; Ahasan, S; Garikapati, S; Chen, T; Zussman, G; Krishnaswamy, H, A Full-Duplex Receiver with True-Time-Delay Cancelers Based on Switched-Capacitor-Networks Operating beyond the Delay-Bandwidth Limit, Ieee Journal of Solid State Circuits, vol 56 no. 5 (2021), pp. 1398-1411 [10.1109/JSSC.2021.3063658] [abs].
- Chen, T; Garikapati, S; Nagulu, A; Gaonkar, A; Kohli, M; Kadota, I; Krishnaswamy, H; Zussman, G, A Survey and Quantitative Evaluation of Integrated Circuit-Based Antenna Interfaces and Self-Interference Cancellers for Full-Duplex, Ieee Open Journal of the Communications Society, vol 2 (2021), pp. 1753-1776 [10.1109/OJCOMS.2021.3098476] [abs].
- Nagulu, A; Chen, T; Zussman, G; Krishnaswamy, H, Multi-Watt, 1-GHz CMOS Circulator Based on Switched-Capacitor Clock Boosting, Ieee Journal of Solid State Circuits, vol 55 no. 12 (2020), pp. 3308-3321 [10.1109/JSSC.2020.3022813] [abs].