Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering (beginning August, 2021)
Chen’s research focuses on improving data rates employing emerging physical-layer technologies and achieving the highest possible data rates for ultra-low-power IoT devices.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 2020
- M.S. Columbia University, 2018
- B.S. Tsinghua University (China), 2014
Wireless networking, next-generation wireless systems, edge cloud and computing, Internet-of-Things (IoT), mobile and embedded systems, platforms and testbeds
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Best Paper Finalist. ACM MobiHoc'19. 2019
- Facebook Fellowship. Facebook. 2019
- Student Research Competition (SRC) Winner – First Place. ACM MobiCom'19. 2019
- Oscar and Verna Byron Fellowship. Columbia University Engineering School. 2018
- Best Paper Award. ACM CoNEXT'16. 2016
- Edwin Howard Armstrong Memorial Award. Columbia University Electrical Engineering Department. 2015
- Wei Family Private Foundation Fellowship. Wei Family Private Foundation. 2014
In the News
- Pratt New Faculty: Tingjun Chen Is Connecting Tomorrow’s Wireless World (Oct 13, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Chen, T; Dastjerdi, MB; Krishnaswamy, H; Zussman, G, Wideband Full-Duplex Phased Array With Joint Transmit and Receive Beamforming: Optimization and Rate Gains, Ieee/Acm Transactions on Networking (2021) [10.1109/TNET.2021.3069125] [abs].
- Nagulu, A; Chen, T; Zussman, G; Krishnaswamy, H, Multi-Watt, 1-GHz CMOS Circulator Based on Switched-Capacitor Clock Boosting, Ieee Journal of Solid State Circuits, vol 55 no. 12 (2020), pp. 3308-3321 [10.1109/JSSC.2020.3022813] [abs].
- Chen, T; Diakonikolas, J; Ghaderi, J; Zussman, G, Hybrid Scheduling in Heterogeneous Half- And Full-Duplex Wireless Networks, Ieee/Acm Transactions on Networking, vol 28 no. 2 (2020), pp. 764-777 [10.1109/TNET.2020.2973371] [abs].
- Dastjerdi, MB; Reiskarimian, N; Chen, T; Zussman, G; Krishnaswamy, H, Full Duplex Circulator-Receiver Phased Array Employing Self-Interference Cancellation via Beamforming, 2018 Ieee Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (Rfic) (2018) [10.1109/rfic.2018.8429010] [abs].
- Chen, T; Ghaderi, J; Rubenstein, D; Zussman, G, Maximizing Broadcast Throughput under Ultra-Low-Power Constraints, Ieee/Acm Transactions on Networking, vol 26 no. 2 (2018), pp. 779-792 [10.1109/TNET.2018.2805185] [abs].