Rhodes Family Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Vahid Tarokh’s research is in pursuing new formulations and approaches to getting the most out of datasets.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 130 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-7594
- Email Address: email@example.com
Foundations of AI, Foundations of Signal Processing, Learning Representations, Transfer Learning, Meta-Learning, Physics Infused Learning, Extreme Value Theory, Dependence Modeling, Hypothesis Testing, Sequential Analysis.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Member. National Academy of Engineering. 2019
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- COMPSCI 675D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 685D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- MATH 493: Research Independent Study
- Lin, J., M. Hasan, P. Acar, J. Blanchet, and V. Tarokh. “Neural network accelerated process design of polycrystalline microstructures.” Materials Today Communications 36 (August 1, 2023). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtcomm.2023.106884.
- Soloveychik, I., and V. Tarokh. “Region selection in Markov random fields: Gaussian case.” Journal of Multivariate Analysis 196 (July 1, 2023). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmva.2023.105178.
- Peng, Rixi, Juncheng Dong, Jordan Malof, Willie J. Padilla, and Vahid Tarokh. “Deep Generalized Green's Functions,” June 5, 2023.
- Hasan, Ali, Yu Chen, Yuting Ng, Mohamed Abdelghani, Anderson Schneider, and Vahid Tarokh. “Inference and Sampling of Point Processes from Diffusion Excursions,” June 1, 2023.
- Le, Cat P., Juncheng Dong, Ahmed Aloui, and Vahid Tarokh. “Few-Shot Continual Learning for Conditional Generative Adversarial Networks,” May 18, 2023.