The Quantum Computing Concentration has two tracks—Software and Hardware
- The Software Track prepares students to program and control quantum information devices and builds off the well-established Software Development Concentration
- The Hardware Track focuses on the design, fabrication and testing of quantum devices
The Quantum Computing Concentration is available as part of:
Duke ECE is home to international leaders in information physics research, embodied in pathbreaking programs in metamaterials, quantum devices, and optical systems.
Master's students will learn from a faculty team with deep interdisciplinary research strengths and a track record of entrepreneurship and innovation.
QUANTUM INFORMATION COURSES
- ECE 590: Introduction to Quantum Engineering
- ECE 523: Quantum Information and Computation
- ECE 590: Quantum Information Theory
- ECE 590: Quantum Error Correction
Other NOTABLE COURSES IN SOFTWARE
- ECE 550D: Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms in C++
- ECE 550D: Fundamentals of Computer Systems and Engineering
- ECE 651: Software Engineering
- ECE 650: Systems Programming and Engineering
Other NOTABLE COURSES IN HARDWARE
- ECE 521: Quantum Mechanics
- ECE 571: Electromagnetic Theory
- ECE 575: Microwave Electronic Circuits
- ECE 577: Computational Electromagnetics
"I was looking for that strong university-industry connection. That, along with the flexibility of the coursework, which gave me a lot more bandwidth for research, made Duke the best fit for me, in the end."
WhY Study Quantum Computing at Duke?