Eugene Anson Stead, Jr. M.D. Associate Professor
Appointments and Affiliations
- Eugene Anson Stead, Jr. M.D. Associate Professor
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor of Statistical Science
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania, 2015
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Tweedie Award. Institute of Mathematical Statistics. 2022
- Bernoulli Society New Researcher Award. Bernoulli Society. 2021
- Gottfried E. Noether Junior Award. American Statistical Association. 2021
- ICSA Outstanding Young Researcher Award. International Chinese Statistical Association. 2021
- NSF CAREER Award. National Science Foundation. 2020
- BIOSTAT 915: High-Dimensional Statistics and Machine Learning
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 762: High-Dimensional Statistics and Machine Learning
- STA 693: Research Independent Study
- STA 915: High-Dimensional Statistics and Machine Learning
- Hao, Botao, Anru Zhang, and Guang Cheng. “Sparse and Low-Rank Tensor Estimation via Cubic Sketchings.” Ieee Transactions on Information Theory 66, no. 9 (September 2020): 5927–64. https://doi.org/10.1109/tit.2020.2982499.
- Zhang, Anru, and Mengdi Wang. “Spectral State Compression of Markov Processes.” Ieee Transactions on Information Theory 66, no. 5 (May 2020): 3202–31. https://doi.org/10.1109/tit.2019.2956737.
- Cao, Yuanpei, Anru Zhang, and Hongzhe Li. “Multisample estimation of bacterial composition matrices in metagenomics data.” Biometrika 107, no. 1 (March 1, 2020): 75–92. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/asz062.
- Zhang, A. R., and Y. Zhou. “On the non-asymptotic and sharp lower tail bounds of random variables.” Stat 9, no. 1 (January 1, 2020). https://doi.org/10.1002/sta4.314.
- Zhang, Anru R., Yuetian Luo, Garvesh Raskutti, and Ming Yuan. “ISLET: Fast and Optimal Low-Rank Tensor Regression via Importance Sketching.” Siam Journal on Mathematics of Data Science 2, no. 2 (January 2020): 444–79. https://doi.org/10.1137/19m126476x.