Our highly dedicated and experienced computer engineering faculty includes leading researchers who literally wrote the book on programming
Our curriculum is designed for students whose undergraduate degrees may not be in engineering or computer science. We’ll make you a serious programmer.
The Software Development concentration is available as part of:
- A research-oriented Master of Science (MS) degree
- An industry-focused Master of Engineering (MEng) degree
We also offer:
- An online Introduction to Programming in C specialization
- ECE 551D: Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms in C++
- ECE 550D: Fundamentals of Computer Systems and Engineering
- ECE 651: Software Engineering
- ECE 650: Systems Programming and Engineering
Other Notable Courses
- ECE 553: Compiler Construction
- ECE 555: Probability for Electrical and Computer Engineers.
- ECE 558: Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- ECE 564: Mobile Application Development
- ECE 565: Performance, Optimization, and Parallelism
- ECE 590: Enterprise Storage Architecture
- ECE 563: Cloud Computing
- ECE 590: Engineering Robust Server Software
"The many cross-departmental courses between Duke ECE and Computer Science provided me with fundamental computer skills. These skills gave me broader options with my career choices."
Software Engineer, Google
Graduate Profiles and Graduate Outcomes »