Pelham Wilder Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Pelham Wilder Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Computer Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Office Location: LSRC D312, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6523
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1989
- COMPSCI 514: Advanced Computer Networks
- ECE 558: Advanced Computer Networks
In the News
- Web Surfing That Feels Instantaneous, Even Though It’s Not (Apr 13, 2022)
- Bruce Maggs Elected Fellow of Association for Computing Machinery (Dec 5, 2018)
- Larisch, J., W. Aqeel, M. Lum, Y. Goldschlag, L. Kannan, K. Torshizi, Y. Wang, et al. “Hammurabi: A Framework for Pluggable, Logic-Based X.509 Certificate Validation Policies.” In Proceedings of the Acm Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 1857–70, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1145/3548606.3560594.
- Chan, T. H. H., K. M. Chung, B. Maggs, and E. Shi. “Foundations of Differentially Oblivious Algorithms.” Journal of the Acm 69, no. 4 (August 26, 2022). https://doi.org/10.1145/3555984.
- Zhang, X., T. Sen, Z. Zhang, T. April, B. Chandrasekaran, D. Choffnes, B. M. Maggs, H. Shen, R. K. Sitaraman, and X. Yang. “AnyOpt: Predicting and optimizing IP Anycast performance.” In Sigcomm 2021 Proceedings of the Acm Sigcomm 2021 Conference, 447–62, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1145/3452296.3472935.
- Shi, E., W. Aqeel, B. Chandrasekaran, and B. Maggs. “Puncturable Pseudorandom Sets and Private Information Retrieval with Near-Optimal Online Bandwidth and Time.” In Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 12828 LNCS:641–69, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-84259-8_22.
- Bhattacherjee, D., W. Aqeel, G. Laughlin, B. M. Maggs, and A. Singla. “A Bird's Eye View of the World's Fastest Networks.” In Proceedings of the Acm Sigcomm Internet Measurement Conference, Imc, 521–27, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1145/3419394.3423620.