Assistant Professor in Radiology
Ehsan Abadi, PhD is an imaging scientist at Duke University. He is an Assistant Professor in the departments of Radiology and Electrical & Computer Engineering, a faculty member in the Medical Physics Graduate Program and Carl E. Ravin Advanced Imaging Laboratories, and a co-Lead in the Center for Virtual Imaging Trials.
Ehsan's research focuses are in quantitative imaging and optimization, CT imaging, lung diseases, computational human modeling, and medical imaging simulation. He is actively contributing to developments of computational anthropomorphic models with various diseases such as COPD, as well as scanner-specific simulation platforms (e.g., DukeSim) of imaging systems. His current focus is to identify and optimize imaging systems for accurate and precise quantifications of lung diseases.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in Radiology
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2018
- Abadi, E; Segars, WP; Tsui, BMW; Kinahan, PE; Bottenus, N; Frangi, AF; Maidment, A; Lo, J; Samei, E, Virtual clinical trials in medical imaging: a review., Journal of Medical Imaging (Bellingham, Wash.), vol 7 no. 4 (2020) [10.1117/1.jmi.7.4.042805] [abs].
- Abadi, E; Harrawood, B; Rajagopal, JR; Sharma, S; Kapadia, A; Segars, WP; Stierstorfer, K; Sedlmair, M; Jones, E; Samei, E, Development of a scanner-specific simulation framework for photon-counting computed tomography., Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express, vol 5 no. 5 (2019) [10.1088/2057-1976/ab37e9] [abs].
- Abadi, E; Harrawood, B; Sharma, S; Kapadia, A; Segars, WP; Samei, E, DukeSim: A Realistic, Rapid, and Scanner-Specific Simulation Framework in Computed Tomography., Ieee Trans Med Imaging, vol 38 no. 6 (2019), pp. 1457-1465 [10.1109/TMI.2018.2886530] [abs].
- Abadi, E; Segars, WP; Sturgeon, GM; Roos, JE; Ravin, CE; Samei, E, Modeling Lung Architecture in the XCAT Series of Phantoms: Physiologically Based Airways, Arteries and Veins., Ieee Trans Med Imaging, vol 37 no. 3 (2018), pp. 693-702 [10.1109/TMI.2017.2769640] [abs].