Assistant Professor in Radiology
Ehsan Abadi, PhD is an imaging scientist at Duke University. He serves as an Assistant Professor in the departments of Radiology and Electrical & Computer Engineering, a faculty member in the Medical Physics Graduate Program and Carl E. Ravin Advanced Imaging Laboratories, and a co-Lead in the Center for Virtual Imaging Trials. Ehsan’s research focuses on quantitative imaging and optimization, CT imaging, lung diseases, computational human modeling, and medical imaging simulation. He is actively involved in developing computational anthropomorphic models with various diseases such as COPD, and scanner-specific simulation platforms (e.g., DukeSim) for imaging systems. Currently, his work is centered on identifying and optimizing imaging systems to ensure accurate and precise quantifications of lung diseases.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in Radiology
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2018
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- MEDPHY 791: Independent Study in Medical Physics
- Abadi, Ehsan, W. Paul Segars, Hamid Chalian, and Ehsan Samei. “Virtual Imaging Trials for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).” Ajr Am J Roentgenol 216, no. 2 (February 2021): 362–68. https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.20.23429.
- Abadi, Ehsan, William P. Segars, Benjamin M. W. Tsui, Paul E. Kinahan, Nick Bottenus, Alejandro F. Frangi, Andrew Maidment, Joseph Lo, and Ehsan Samei. “Virtual clinical trials in medical imaging: a review.” J Med Imaging (Bellingham) 7, no. 4 (July 2020): 042805. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JMI.7.4.042805.
- Abadi, Ehsan, Brian Harrawood, Jayasai R. Rajagopal, Shobhit Sharma, Anuj Kapadia, William Paul Segars, Karl Stierstorfer, Martin Sedlmair, Elizabeth Jones, and Ehsan Samei. “Development of a scanner-specific simulation framework for photon-counting computed tomography.” Biomed Phys Eng Express 5, no. 5 (August 2019). https://doi.org/10.1088/2057-1976/ab37e9.
- Abadi, Ehsan, Brian Harrawood, Shobhit Sharma, Anuj Kapadia, William P. Segars, and Ehsan Samei. “DukeSim: A Realistic, Rapid, and Scanner-Specific Simulation Framework in Computed Tomography.” Ieee Trans Med Imaging 38, no. 6 (June 2019): 1457–65. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2018.2886530.
- Abadi, Ehsan, William P. Segars, Gregory M. Sturgeon, Justus E. Roos, Carl E. Ravin, and Ehsan Samei. “Modeling Lung Architecture in the XCAT Series of Phantoms: Physiologically Based Airways, Arteries and Veins.” Ieee Trans Med Imaging 37, no. 3 (March 2018): 693–702. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2017.2769640.