John H. Reif
A. Hollis Edens Professor of Computer Science in Trinity College of Arts and SciencesMolecular assembly, DNA computing, robot motion planning, parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic computation, data compression, optical computation, and quantum computation.
Appointments and Affiliations
- A. Hollis Edens Professor of Computer Science in Trinity College of Arts and Sciences
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 3112 Devon Rd, Durham, NC 27707
- Office Phone: (919) 407-1961
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 1977
- M.S. Harvard University , 1975
- B.S. Tufts University, 1973
Molecular assembly, DNA computing, robot motion planning, parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic computation, data compression, optical computation, and quantum computation.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Tufts Notable. Tufts University. 2010
- AAAS Fellow. American Association for the Advancement of Science. 2003
- Fellow. Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), . 2003
- Highly Cited Researcher. Thomson Reuters. 2001
- Fellow. Association for Computing Machinery. 1997
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 1993
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 531: Introduction to Algorithms
- COMPSCI 531D: Introduction to Algorithms
- COMPSCI 534: Computational Complexity
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 891: Internship
In the News
- Analog DNA Circuit Does Math in a Test Tube (Aug 23, 2016)
- Carolyn McAllaster, Susan S. Reif: Funding fails to keep pace with South's HIV epidemic (Dec 1, 2015 | The News & Observer )
- Garg, S; Shah, S; Bui, H; Song, T; Mokhtar, R; Reif, J, Renewable Time-Responsive DNA Circuits., Small (Weinheim an Der Bergstrasse, Germany) (2018) [10.1002/smll.201801470] [abs].
- Bui, H; Shah, S; Mokhtar, R; Song, T; Garg, S; Reif, J, Localized DNA Hybridization Chain Reactions on DNA Origami., Acs Nano, vol 12 no. 2 (2018), pp. 1146-1155 [10.1021/acsnano.7b06699] [abs].
- Shah, S; Reif, J, Temporal DNA barcodes: A time-based approach for single-molecule imaging, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol 11145 LNCS (2018), pp. 71-86 [10.1007/978-3-030-00030-1_5] [abs].
- Song, T; Garg, S; Mokhtar, R; Bui, H; Reif, J, Design and Analysis of Compact DNA Strand Displacement Circuits for Analog Computation Using Autocatalytic Amplifiers., Acs Synthetic Biology, vol 7 no. 1 (2018), pp. 46-53 [10.1021/acssynbio.6b00390] [abs].
- Fu, D; Shah, S; Song, T; Reif, J, DNA-Based Analog Computing., Methods in Molecular Biology (Clifton, N.J.), vol 1772 (2018), pp. 411-417 [10.1007/978-1-4939-7795-6_23] [abs].