Associate Professor in Radiology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Radiology
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Dept of Radiology, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-1440
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Louisville, 2008
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
In the News
- Incubation Awards to Assist Seven Innovative Research Projects Move Toward the Market (Nov 25, 2019 | Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
- Cao, Shixing, Nicholas Konz, James Duncan, and Maciej A. Mazurowski. “Deep Learning for Breast MRI Style Transfer with Limited Training Data.” J Digit Imaging 36, no. 2 (April 2023): 666–78. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10278-022-00755-z.
- Hou, Rui, Yifan Peng, Lars J. Grimm, Yinhao Ren, Maciej A. Mazurowski, Jeffrey R. Marks, Lorraine M. King, Carlo C. Maley, E Shelley Hwang, and Joseph Y. Lo. “Anomaly Detection of Calcifications in Mammography Based on 11,000 Negative Cases.” Ieee Trans Biomed Eng 69, no. 5 (May 2022): 1639–50. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2021.3126281.
- Zhu, Zhe, Amber Mittendorf, Erin Shropshire, Brian Allen, Chad Miller, Mustafa R. Bashir, and Maciej A. Mazurowski. “3D Pyramid Pooling Network for Abdominal MRI Series Classification.” Ieee Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 44, no. 4 (April 2022): 1688–98. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2020.3033990.
- Dahal, L., F. I. Tushar, E. Abadi, R. B. Fricks, M. Mazurowski, W. P. Segars, E. Samei, and J. Y. Lo. “Virtual versus reality: external validation of COVID-19 classifiers using XCAT phantoms for chest radiography.” In Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, Vol. 12031, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2612975.
- Konz, N., H. Gu, H. Dong, and M. Mazurowski. “The Intrinsic Manifolds of Radiological Images and Their Role in Deep Learning.” In Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 13438 LNCS:684–94, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-16452-1_65.