Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2009
- M.S. Duke University, 2008
- B.S. Case Western Reserve University, 2004
- Y. Urzhumov, N. Kundtz, D. R Smith and J. B. Pendry, Cross-section comparisons of cloaks designed by transformation optical and optical conformal mapping approaches, Journal of Optics, vol 13 no. 024002 (2011).
- Landy, N. I. and Kundtz, N. and Smith, D. R., Designing Three-Dimensional Transformation Optical Media Using Quasiconformal Coordinate Transformations, PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, vol 105 no. 19 (2010) [doi] [abs].
- Hunt, J. and Kundtz, N. and Landy, N. and Smith, D. R., Relaxation approach for the generation of inhomogeneous distributions of uniformly sized particles, APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, vol 97 no. 2 (2010) [doi] [abs].
- Kundtz, Nathan and Gaultney, Daniel and Smith, David R., Scattering cross-section of a transformation optics-based metamaterial cloak, NEW JOURNAL OF PHYSICS, vol 12 (2010) [doi] [abs].
- Kundtz, Nathan and Smith, David R., Extreme-angle broadband metamaterial lens, NATURE MATERIALS, vol 9 no. 2 (2010), pp. 129-132 [doi] [abs].