Professor of Computer Science
Networking, systems, and security.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Computer Science
- Office Location: Lsrc-D336, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6536
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.S.E. Tsinghua University (China), 1996
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2004
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2009
- COMPSCI 210D: Introduction to Computer Systems
- COMPSCI 356: Computer Network Architecture
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 356: Computer Network Architecture
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- Xin, R., S. Lin, and X. Yang. “Quantifying User Password Exposure to Third-Party CDNs.” In Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 13882 LNCS:652–68, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-28486-1_27.
- Chen, J., Y. Wu, S. Lin, Y. Xu, X. Kong, T. Anderson, M. Lentz, X. Yang, and D. Zhuo. “Remote Procedure Call as a Managed System Service.” In Proceedings of the 20th Usenix Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, Nsdi 2023, 141–59, 2023.
- Lin, S., R. Xin, A. Goel, and X. Yang. “InviCloak: An End-to-End Approach to Privacy and Performance in Web Content Distribution.” In Proceedings of the Acm Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 1947–61, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1145/3548606.3559336.
- Hu, J., Z. Zhou, and X. Yang. “Characterizing Physical-Layer Transmission Errors in Cable Broadband Networks.” In Proceedings of the 19th Usenix Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, Nsdi 2022, 845–59, 2022.
- Zhang, X., T. Sen, Z. Zhang, T. April, B. Chandrasekaran, D. Choffnes, B. M. Maggs, H. Shen, R. K. Sitaraman, and X. Yang. “AnyOpt: Predicting and optimizing IP Anycast performance.” In Sigcomm 2021 Proceedings of the Acm Sigcomm 2021 Conference, 447–62, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1145/3452296.3472935.