Associate Professor of Computer Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: Lsrc-D336, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6536
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2004
- B.S.E. Tsinghua University (China), 1996
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2009
- COMPSCI 356: Computer Network Architecture
- COMPSCI 514: Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- ECE 356: Computer Network Architecture
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 558: Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Zheng, S; Yang, X, DynaShield: A cost-effective DDoS defense architecture, Sigcomm 2018 Proceedings of the 2018 Posters and Demos, Part of Sigcomm 2018 (2018), pp. 15-17 [10.1145/3234200.3234232] [abs].
- Yang, J; Yang, X; Zhou, Z; Wu, X; Benson, T; Hu, C, FOCUS: Function Offloading from a Controller to Utilize Switch power, 2016 Ieee Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks, Nfv Sdn 2016 (2017), pp. 199-205 [10.1109/NFV-SDN.2016.7919498] [abs].
- Chen, Y; Cao, Q; Yang, X, PacketCloud: A Cloudlet-Based Open Platform for In-Network Services, Ieee Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol 27 no. 4 (2016), pp. 1146-1159 [10.1109/TPDS.2015.2424222] [abs].
- Cao, Q; Sirivianos, M; Yang, X; Munagala, K, Combating Friend Spam Using Social Rejections, Proceedings International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, vol 2015-July (2015), pp. 235-244 [10.1109/ICDCS.2015.32] [abs].
- Bronzino, F; Han, C; Chen, Y; Nagaraja, K; Yang, X; Seskar, I; Raychaudhuri, D, In-Network Compute Extensions for Rate-Adaptive Content Delivery in Mobile Networks, 2014 Ieee 22nd International Conference on Network Protocols (2014) [10.1109/icnp.2014.81] [abs].