Associate Professor of Computer Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: Lsrc-D336, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6536
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2004
- B.S.E. Tsinghua University (China), 1996
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2009
- COMPSCI 356: Computer Network Architecture
- COMPSCI 514: Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- ECE 356: Computer Network Architecture
- ECE 558: Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Yang, J; Yang, X; Zhou, Z; Wu, X; Benson, T; Hu, C, FOCUS: Function Offloading from a Controller to Utilize Switch power, 2016 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks, NFV-SDN 2016 (2017), pp. 199-205 [10.1109/NFV-SDN.2016.7919498] [abs].
- Chen, Y; Chen, Y; Cao, Q; Yang, X, PacketCloud: A Cloudlet-Based Open Platform for In-Network Services, Ieee Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol 27 no. 4 (2016), pp. 1146-1159 [10.1109/TPDS.2015.2424222] [abs].
- Cao, Q; Sirivianos, M; Yang, X; Munagala, K, Combating Friend Spam Using Social Rejections, Proceedings - International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, vol 2015-July (2015), pp. 235-244 [10.1109/ICDCS.2015.32] [abs].
- Sirivianos, M; Kim, K; Gan, JW; Yang, X, Leveraging Social Feedback to Verify Online Identity Claims, ACM Transactions on the Web, vol 8 no. 2 (2014), pp. 1-38 [10.1145/2543711] [abs].
- Cao, Q; Yang, X; Yu, J; Palow, C, Uncovering large groups of active malicious accounts in online social networks, Proceedings of the Acm Conference on Computer and Communications Security (2014), pp. 477-488 [10.1145/2660267.2660269] [abs].